April 11, 2016
"You want kids to get excited and get engaged with language and literature? Use poetry. It is a surefire way."
April is National Poetry Month, and MJS is very proud to host Newbery Medal winner and poet Kwame Alexander on Tuesday, April 12. Read more about our special guest by clicking the Kwame Alexander Newsletter below. On Wednesday, April 13, Fifth Grade will host Mass in the Chapel at 1 pm; we welcome you and your family to attend. If you have the hottest ticket in town, ease on down the road to The Wiz this weekend at MJS!
Tickets for "The Wiz" Selling Fast!
- Friday, April 15, 7 pm
- Saturday, April 16, 2 pm
- Saturday, April 16, 7 pm
- Sunday, April 17, 2 pm
8th Annual Recycle & Read: Coming Soon!
Joshua Tree Trip - 3 Weeks Away!
We are 3 short weeks away from the Joshua Tree Trip. Please download and review the Equipment List. Contact a Boojum Instructor if you have any questions: Lucy Hedley or Gayle Hilgris. Please note: If you would like to rent a sleeping bag and pad for the Joshua Tree trip, please send in a check for $10 to MJS payable to "Boojum Institute" by Friday, April 15.
Dates to Remember
- April 11: Concert Choir Performance at Senior Center
- April 12: Kwame Alexander, Author Visit, 9 am
- April 13: 5th Grade Mass, Chapel, 1 pm
- April 15: $10 check to MJS due (to rent sleeping bag or pad)
- April 15-17: 8th Grade Musical - The Wiz
- April 22: Earth Day - Madrona Marsh Field Trip
- April 25: Union Station Lunches - Hubert/Pattullo