Friday, October 23rd 2020
ALL BARRY FAMILIES
Character Strong - Family Dares
- Our family likes to use ice breakers to do quality catch-up. A family favorite is "mad, sad, glad" - one thing today that made you mad, one that made you sad and one that made you glad. This game has been helpful in keeping up with one another. This also helps us recognize each other's love languages and learn how to identify and acknowledge our emotions. We achieve full family conversations a few times a week, but we find "mad, sad, glad" works great during short car riders too.
- During dinner, our family recalls our day by sharing our own "three roses and a thorn". We share with each other three things that went well and one thing that could have gone better during our day.
I am excited to challenge you all to participate in next week's dare: Hour by Hour. Please see our video below explaining the dare and its importance. Also, please reach out to share experiences you are having with these family dares via phone call, email, or even video recording. I would love to highlight these things on Instagram and our newsletters.
Week 9 Family Dare - Hour by Hour
Character Strong Student Recognition
The following students selected were (some not pictured due to alternating schedule):
Spirit Week Presented by Student Council (10-26 through 10-31)
NJHS Needs Your Help for Veterans Day!
Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences - November 4th & 5th (Repeat)
Our Parent Teacher Conferences this November across the district will be conducted virtually through Google Meets. In order to access this, you can use a smart phone, tablet, or computer. If that isn't an option for your family, we can also schedule a phone call.
Before signing up with the teachers you would like to meet with, please watch the video in the section below from our Instructional Coach, Mindy Wheeler. This will help tremendously in guiding you through the sign up process.
After watching the video, please sign up with the teachers you would like to meet with by clicking here. The links will also be sent out via your child's grade level newsletter.
Support Staff (ie. Reading Improvement, Special Services Teachers, EL, Counselors, Social Worker, and Administrators) will be invited to virtual conferences with the classroom teacher as needed/requested.
StuCo Pumpkin Carving Contest (Repeat)
Academic Lab (Repeat)
Academic Lab is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:50-4:00 p.m. An activity bus is available. If you are interested in learning more you can contact the school administration, counselor or child's classroom/homeroom teacher.
Please book mark this link and/or use the form embedded below.
5TH GRADE FAMILIES
Parent Teacher Virtual Conferences
MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES (GRADES 6-8)
Return to Full In-Person - Today is the Last Day to Declare
Please indicate if this information has changed your preferred learning scenario for your child, via the e-Form found on Parent Portal, linked here, by Friday, October 23, 2020. If we do not hear from you by October 23, we will plan for your child to attend full in-person learning.
If you need assistance, please contact us at 816-436-9623.
Basketball tryouts begin Monday, November 2nd.
As the seasons change, remember to send in extra clothes that are weather appropriate for your child in the event they have an accident at school.
Upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences
Please click on the button below to view the online sign-up sheet.
I look forward to seeing you virtually at conferences this year. Please call 816-436-9623 Ext 3146 or email email@example.com if you have questions or need to reschedule.
Our MONSTER MASH will take place on Friday, October 30th. Parents are not allowed at the parties, but we will make sure plenty of pictures are snapped and shared.
We realize this year has been filled with changes and cancellations, and this can be pretty difficult for our little ones to bear. As an added bonus this year (and this year only) we are allowing students to wear their costumes to school during the day of their party. On Friday, October 30th students will be allowed to wear their costumes to school. In years past, we have encouraged students to wear their costumes during Pathfinder’s annual Trunk or Treat, but due to this being canceled, we want students to have an opportunity to show off their costumes. Those that do not want to partake are welcome to wear their PJs on October 30th as an alternative.
Here are some guidelines to follow to ensure we have fun, but follow school rules:
• Students must arrive to school already dressed in their costumes or PJs if they choose to wear them.
• Face coverings will still be worn throughout the day, like normal.
• Halloween masks will only be able to be worn during the classroom party and must be worn in addition to face coverings in compliance with COVID regulations.
• No costume accessories will be allowed (I.e. wands, fake weapons, swords, brooms, etc.)
• Costumes need to be school appropriate. Please keep the costumes school appropriate.
• Hair color and face paint is allowed as long as it is school appropriate.
• If a child does not want to wear their costume, we are encouraging them to wear their pajamas. We will be having some snacks, games, and crafts with the kids as well as fun rotations in the gross motor room throughout the day!
THE SOCIAL WORK SCOOP
DEA National Take Back Day
Saturday, October 24
10 am - 2 pm
The community is encouraged to drop any unused, outdated, or unwanted prescription drugs in the box. There is no paperwork required, just place the medications in the drop box located in the lobby. The police department will incinerate all collected medications per government recommendations. Click on the link below for location information.
Treasure Chest (Repeat)
The Treasure Chest is our school district resource center. It is a stocked pantry providing food, clothing, toiletries, and other household supplies. All items in the Treasure Chest are free to PCR-3 students and families who participate in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. The Treasure Chest is open for shopping every week of the calendar year on Wednesday evenings from 4pm-6pm. Families must register at the following link or call 816.858.7001 weekly so we can appropriately plan for resources. Once approved, families can drive through at the original Treasure Chest site (in the north parking lot of PCHS). Identification must be provided in order to receive food.
Register weekly here:
If you need to complete a new lunch application for the 2020/2021 school year, please follow this link: