Parent Blast - March 15, 2021
Transition to Hybrid Models
Last week we shared our plans for transitioning back into the building. You can find the recording of this parent meeting below. Our video series for families will be posting to our social media platforms tonight and will be emailed out to families tomorrow. In addition to this information we have a few more pieces of new information to share this week.
Technology Help Line
We will be transitioning to the district help line and discontinuing our Patterson line starting March 29th.
We will not be having class snack time for the remainder of this school year. All students can have free breakfast and lunch and will be at school for a shorten day. Please start adjusting meals schedules to prepare your children for this changes
Teachers and Classrooms
- All students at Patterson will be continuing in CDL and Hybrid with their current teacher
- Some of our teachers have moved to different classrooms to accommodate different cohort/class sizes. We will be sharing cohort videos with classrooms tomorrow, so your child knows where their new classroom is located.
We will be using a staggered arrival for those students coming back to the building for hybrid learning:
- 7:30 K-2 Parent Drop-Off
- 7:35 3-6 Parent Drop-Off
If you have children in both groups, please drop them off at the 7:30 time if possible. Any students who arrive after our start time of 7:45, will need to have a parent call the office. An office team member will walk out to the drop-off curb and complete the health screening prior to walking a child to class.
School Start Time
- In-Person Hybrid Learning begins at 7:45 am
- CDL livestream of Morning Meeting begins at 8:05 am
We have a few important updates to share regarding instruction this week as we begin transitioning staff back into the building in preparation for K-2 students returning on March 29th:
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - K-2 learning will be asynchronous only
- Friday, no small group K-6 to allow support staff to return to the building and prepare
3/16 - Last Day of LIPI Groups
3/17 - 3/18 - K-2 Asynchronous Learning Days, Google Classroom Only
- 3/19 - No K-6 Small Groups, Support Team Transition Day
3/22-3/26 - No School, Spring Break
3/29 - K-2 Hybrid Instruction Begins
4/5 - 3-4 Hybrid Instruction Begins
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out: email@example.com.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
Bitmoji Answers - We Hope You Had Fun!
Shout out to all the wonderful student acts last week! Here is a list of our cast and which days they will be featured during morning meeting this week:
Talent Show Cast: Tuesday, March 16
Talent Show Cast: Thursday, March 18
Please contact Mrs. Crackel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Talking About Return to School
Return to School Parent Presentation
Last week we shared our plans for transitioning our students to hybrid and those remaining in CDL. If you missed our parent presentation, you can view the recording here.
Panther Dash Bingo
- Print your bingo board (linked below) or pick one up at supply pick-up
- Get moving and mark each box on your board as you complete it
- When your board is filled, upload it in the google form (linked below)
- We are using Pledgestar for donations (directions linked below)
Weekly Participation Drawing:
- Each bingo gets your name in the hopper for a weekly drawing
- Any level of participation = Prize Table Pick (stickers, t-shirts, books, toys)
- 3 Blackout bingo cards = $5 gift card to Jim’s Ice Cream (limit 3)
- $5 - Pencil
- $10 - Magnets
- $25 - Facemask
- $100 - Balloon bouquet delivery
- $200 - Water bottle
- $300 - Lunch delivered
- Kid in each class who raises most money selects a prize
At the end of the Bingo time frame (First week of April), we will have a drive thru to pick up prizes. Classes with most money raised and highest participation from grades K-2 and 3-6 will get a nighttime read aloud from a Patterson staff member! Class with most number of total bingos will get a special workout with Mr. Twigg!
Fundraisers have been a part of our school community and have supported a variety of activities, supplies, field trips, etc. over the years for our students. This fundraiser will be supporting our annual classroom funds. We know that many of our families have been impacted in different ways regarding COVID-19 and want to make sure that you know there is no expectation to participate and/or donate in any of our fundraising events unless you feel comfortable and capable of doing so. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to Jamie Lentz, Principal, at email@example.com or Stephanie Shimp-Taylor, Booster Club President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.