Can our home galaxy collide?
If so how would it effect our Earth?
What galaxies wll collide?
- The galaxies that will collide are our home galaxy the Milky way and Andromeda
- It will collide with Andromeda because it is the closest galaxy spiral galaxy to the Milky Way
- It is also the only galaxy in the direction of the constellation Andromeda
How can our galaxies collide?
- The Milky Way can collide with Andromeda because the galaxies are moving and travel on special paths, the Milky Way is on the constellation Andromeda path
When will our galaxies collide?
- Andromeda and the Milky Way are 2.5 million years apart, fuelled by gravity.
- The 2 galaxies are coming together at 402,000 kilometres per hour but will not arrive for an estimated 4 billion years.
What will happen to Earth?
- Our solar system will outlive our Earth and in 4 million years the sun may be light enough to roast Earths surface
- According to astrophycists our Earth may be flung to a new region in space therefor a new galaxy