FRIDAY FOCUS 2016-2017
“TRYING TO REACH THE THINGS THAT I CAN'T SEE”
WEEK OF: Oct. 17-21
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.”
-Richard B. Sheridan
DROPS IN OUR BUCKET
- Mrs. Watson reviewed the format and what was to be assessed on the student Mid-term exam. Specifically she went through how many points questions were worth this eliminates the unknown for students in learning.
- Mr. Morris had the students create a seven ages project that allowed the students to utilize their creativity.
- I watched Mrs. Meyer quickly circulate the room checking for completion of homework assignments. After providing the students the correct answers she provided feedback and reteaching to questions that the students asked.
- Thank you to all of our staff that have spent additional hours before and after school to help students succeed this 9 weeks.
Blogs, Tweets, and Articles
- Using Skype to Inspire Student Career Choices http://www.edutopia.org/article/using-skype-career-unit-jess-burnquist
- Six Ways to Successfully Build Relationships with Your Students http://inservice.ascd.org/six-ways-to-successfully-build-relationships-with-your-students/
- Project-Based Learning: 7 Ways to Make It Work http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational_leadership/jun16/vol73/num09/Project-Based_Learning@_7_Ways_to_Make_It_Work.aspx
Team Meeting Information
Career Cruising Implementation
9th Grade Invitation to PT conference for at-risk students
Hallway supervision reminder
AIMSweb Math and Reading Data
ELEOT data aggregate and content areas