Born: 1907-1964 Home: Spring dale ,Pennsylvania
- Rachel graduated from Pennsylvania college for women in (1929)
- she went on to further studies at John Hopkins University
- During the (1950) Rachel Carson conducted research into effects of pesticides on the food chain
- She wrote a book about the environment and helped shape a growing environment consciousness.
- Her most important legacy was the coalescing of the general public around nature issues and the establishment of the U.S ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AGENCY