Hollydale HERO Highlights
A news publication for the parents and students of Hollydale
Home of the Heroes
Location: 505 SW Birdsdale Dr, Gresham, OR 97080
A Word from the Principal — November 18, 2021
Many times in life we get in our daily grind and just move forward, often forgetting to stop and give thanks. I want to share how grateful I am for our Hollydale community of students, families and staff. Our students are experiencing academic success as well as learning positive and kind ways to interact with their peers, ways to regulate their feelings and how to communicate and express emotions. Students are learning these essential skills because of the hard work of our families, staff and the students themselves.
This week we are wrapping up our final week of the first trimester! Teachers are working on preparing for upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences! Please make sure you have your student's conference(s) scheduled! If you need support scheduling, please reach out to your child's teacher or the Hollydale office.
If you have any questions or would like to connect with me, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or by phone 503-661-6226. It is an honor to be a member of the Hollydale community and I look forward to working with each of your children.
Parent Teacher Conferences & Report Cards
Report Cards will be online and accessible on your ParentVUE account by 8pm Monday, November 22nd. If you have not validated your student's 2021-2022 school year registration you will be asked to do so first. This process ensures we have all the most up-to-date information for you and your student.
You can access your ParentVUE account https://parent-gresham.cascadetech.org/gresham/PXP2_Login_Parent.aspx?regenerateSessionId=True
If you cannot get into your account or have yet created on please contact Mrs. Eki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-661-6226.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- Now thru December 1 - Online Book Fair
- Monday, November 22 & Tuesday, November 23 -Online Conferences - NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, November 24-Friday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
- School Resumes Monday, November 29.
- Winter Break December 20 thru January 2nd - NO SCHOOL
Online Book Fair - Happening NOW
Yearbook cover contest
We are excited that we will once again have a yearbook published in the spring! Please look for the Yearbook Cover Contest entry form that is coming home with your student this week. We are looking for the best representation of a Hollydale Hero for the cover of our 21-22 yearbook. Additional entries will be chosen for use on the inside of the book. If your child chooses to submit an entry make sure that ALL of the rules on the backside of the entry form are followed completely or their entry will be disqualified. It is especially important that all spelling is correct! Entries are due by Friday, December 10. No entries will be accepted after that date.
Have fun with it and let the creativity begin!
- Paper copies will be available at both the district office and the Hollydale office. You can call 503-261-4533 to set an appointment time at the District office or 503-661-6226 to set an appointment at the Hollydale office
- Online parent codes will be available at conferences to review materials online
Tell us what you think!
The Gresham-Barlow School Board needs your input to help with the process of selecting the next superintendent of schools.
The Gresham-Barlow School Board is conducting a superintendent search to replace Dr. Katrise Perera who resigned on June 30. While the board conducts the search, James Hiu is serving as Acting Superintendent.
Your participation is essential
The school board needs your input to help with the process of selecting the next superintendent. To gather feedback, the school board is using a tool called ThoughtExchange so as many people as possible can participate. You can participate in a variety of languages including Spanish or Russian.
The School Board wants to know:
What should the new superintendent know about our District, and what important skills and qualities would help them be most successful in the role?
To participate, visit: bit.ly/GBSuptSearch
COVID VACCINATION INFORMATION
Below are flyers for upcoming FREE Covid-19 vaccine clinics
- If you are picking up your student early from school, please ring the doorbell when you arrive, and please be ready to tell the office staff the name of your child's teacher in order for us to expedite helping you. Please be sure to have a 5-8 minute buffer prior to the time that you actually need them to leave. This will allow time for them to pack up, get instructions for their homework and make their way out. We do not have the ability to have students wait in the office; we will call them down when you arrive.
- After 2:40pm, unless it is an extreme emergency, we ask that you wait until the regular 3:05pm dismissal time.
Afterschool Transportation Change Guidelines
Inclement Weather & Emergency Closures
Auto-Dialer Calls - Please make sure we have the most current phone numbers for you on file. Check your ParentVUE account and contact the office @ 503-661-6226 to make any changes you cannot make on ParentVUE.
Flash Alert Emergency Notification System - This Internet-based service is used to provide weather-related school closure information and is important in the event of an emergency. You can sign-up to Flash Alert @ http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=66
District Website - When possible the district website will be updated.
Local Radio & TV Stations - Area media outlets will receive information and updates.
COVID and Cold & Flu Season
You can leave a message on our attendance line at any time day or night @ 503-661-6226.
If you have questions please call and ask to speak with our amazing Health Team: Jess Nguyen or Megan Clohessy.