Mrs. Bell's Class Newsletter
Week4 September 28- October 2nd
PB + J Fun!
The girls got to enjoy bell pepper snacks!
Thank you to everyone who sent snacks. Our friends are loving the variety.
Read to Buddy Stars
We are learning how to Read to Buddy in Stations and these friends are rocking it.
Need to Know:
- Progress reports will go home in Monday folders
- We discussed Johnny Appleseed last Friday and did many experiments! Ask your child to tell you about them.
- Please study your child's sight words quickly each night, along with reading their library books. I will begin sending leveled books home around week 6.
- Please make sure you are checking your child's Class Folder each night. They are working hard.
- I am always here with any questions you may have.
ELAR: This week we will review Fairy Tales and Introduce Fables. We will focus on beginning , middle and end of a story. We will continue working with complete sentences in our writing while identifying verbs and nouns in a sentence. In Phonics we will complete lessons 16-21. Spelling Tests will begin this week. Please continue to practice sight words with your child.
Math: Writing numbers 15-16. Introducing geoboards, identifying inside and outside, sorting by attributes and counting pennies.
Science: Investigating Properties of Objects.
How does heating and cooling change matter?
Social Studies: Creating Order - Words to know: rules, responsibilty, well, running water.