The Redskin Review
Week of 12/4
Week at a Glance
Weekly Focus: Engaged
Middle School Parents Complete this LINK
High School Parents Complete this LINK
Monday: (Red Day)
Wear PJ’s (Merry Merry Morning) - 12 Days of Christmas Begins
- MS/HS Alg: Make-Ups
- HS: American Literature Red Day Classes
Tuesday: (White Day)
Wear a Flannel (Family Photo Day) - 12 Days of Christmas
High School Redskin Academy: 3:15 - 4:30pm SIGN UP FORM
Wednesday: (Red Day)
Wear holiday accessories (Deck the Halls) - 12 Days of Christmas
Thursday: (White Day)
Dress like a Christmas movie character (Christmas Movie Marathon) - 12 Days of Christmas
Brushworks Title 1 Event @ 5:30pm
Middle School Redskin Academy: 3:15 - 4:30pm SIGN UP FORM
Wear red and white (Candy Cane Day) - 12 Days of Christmas
Rest & Relax - Get ready for a new week of learning!
Month at a Glance
- December -
12/14: Winter Band Concert 6:30-9:00pm
12/15: Middle School Tacky Sweater Dance 3:00-5:00pm
12/19: PBIS Pep Rally / Last Day of School 1st Semester
- January -
1/4: 1st Day of School 2nd Semester
1/15: MLK Holiday (No School)
1/16: STAR Student Celebration
1/17: Kona Ice @ lunch
1/22: BCS Spelling Bee
Congratulations to Brooklynn Cason, Nolan Pickett, and Tripp Pincince for auditioning for All-State and District Honor Band this past Saturday!
Brooklynn placed 6th out of 12 flutes in district honor band.
Nolan placed 7th out of 8 trombones in district honor band.
Tripp Placed 1st out of 6 Baritones in district honor band.
Not every student that auditions makes district honor band so this is a huge accomplishment for these scholars. In addition to being selected for district honor band, Nolan and Tripp were selected to move to the second round of all-state auditions for a chance to be in the all-state honor band.
Battle at Bryan Runner-Up for our BCH Wrestling team!
Congratulations to our BCMHS Dance team! The group dance won first for middle school jazz and Kara Temple won 3rd for JV solo!!!!!! Way to girls!! #BeBC #GoRedskins❤️🤍🖤
Middle School 7th/8th - Mr. Chris Hathaway - email@example.com
High School 9th/11th - Mr. Cliff Kicklighter - firstname.lastname@example.org
High School 10th/12th - Ms. Blaine Ennis - email@example.com
Middle High Attendance - Mr. Harold Roach - firstname.lastname@example.org
High School - "The Redskin Nation Legacy"
Families should be receiving email and letter notifications if they have not paid class dues.
Approximately 74% of BCHS has paid their class dues! Let's get to 85% by December 19!
Payment accepted through MyPaymentsPlus
Class dues are a yearly fee to fund
“The Redskin Nation Legacy” - an amazing high school experience.
Class dues support student celebrations, student and staff recognitions, class projects, and events such as prom and graduation.
Class dues are required to participate in athletic teams or clubs, participate in field trips, attend homecoming, receive a prom ticket, or purchase a parking permit. Fall teams dues must be submitted by September 29.
Seniors that have paid class dues will receive student celebrations each year of high school, prom tickets during their junior and senior year, Redskin gear during their senior year, and a diploma and diploma cover at graduation.
The senior Class Gift funded by class dues is an amazing opportunity to leave behind “The Redskin Nation Legacy” for future redskins. Examples of gifts are Redskin graphics or landscaping projects on campus.
The Redskin Nation Legacy assists you in leaving a high school legacy that will never be forgotten!
Class of 2024 Information
Winter Athletic Schedules linked below!
PowerSchool Parent Portal
My Payments Plus
Student Lunch Account
Clear your calendar for March 14! You won't want to miss this. It's BCMHS Night at Enmarket Arena in Savannah for a Savannah Ghost Pirates Game. Visit tinyurl.com/bcmhshockey to get tickets before they sell out!
Cell Phone Policy
Middle School Cell Phone Policy
We want students engaged in the educational activities that our professional educators work to provide for our students. Cell phones are a distraction to the school day and are not permitted in the middle school other than the cell phone check.
High School Cell Phone Policy
- Students keep cell phones in bags during instructional time.
- Students turn cell phones in to their teacher during instructional time.
It is critical to cut down on the number of distractions available to students in the learning environment. We want to help teach our high school students appropriate use of technology.
Student Dress Code Expectations: The Bryan County Schools Student/Parent Handbook outlines the dress code in detail. The basic dress code is intended to encourage students to “dress for success” and to come to school properly prepared to participate in the learning environment.
● The maintenance of common decency and classroom order requires adequate coverage of the person.
● Clothes must be worn in a way such that genitals, buttocks, bellies, chests, and undergarments are fully covered with opaque fabric.
● Students will not be permitted to wear clothing that advertises the use of alcohol, drugs, or other substances which, if used by a minor, would be illegal.
● Additionally, clothing will not be permitted which advertises, promotes, or, via innuendo or double meaning, suggests inappropriate ideas or behavior not conducive to a positive school climate or is disruptive to the educational functioning of the school. This includes promoting violence, gang affiliation, and racially or sexually offensive messages or references.
● Blankets are not permitted at school and are not a piece of clothing.
● Headwear such as but not limited to hats or hoodies are not to be worn during instructional time as dictated by the teacher from the beginning of the year.