Over The Counter Drug Abuse
Common Non-prescription OCIs
- legally manufactured sleeping pill
- illegal in the United States
- lasts 8-24 hours
- is often taken with alcohol or used to make coming off a cocaine high easier
- implicated in date rape
- called leg spliters, rohpies, ropies, roofies, wheels, and row-shapys
Long Term Effects
- Liver Complications
- Brain Damage
- High Blood Pressure
Short Term Effects
- Nightmares and Hallucinations
- Poor Memory, Coordination, and Balance
- Not Sleeping Well
1780000 hospitalizations are caused per year
Places for Help
- "DRS in the U.S." List of Residential Long Term or 90 Days Drug Rehab Programs in Iowa. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2015.
- Drug Talk. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
- Over the Counter Drug Abuse. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
- Oxycotin: Abusers Beware. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
Fields, Richard. "Rohypnol." Drugs in Perspective: A Personalized Look at Substance Use and Abuse. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2001. N. pag. Print.
Etingoff, Kim. Abusing Over-the-counter Drugs: Illicit Uses for Everyday Drugs. Philadelphia: Mason Crest, 2008. Print.