Insider News: 2017 Wall St Program
October 15 - 18 in New York, NY
What is the Wall Street program?
Schedule of Visits
Day 2 Monday, October 16: JP Morgan Chase; Stephens, Inc.; BlackRock
Day 3 Tuesday, Ocotber 17: UBS; BNY Mellon; Goldman Sachs; Deutsche Bank; Dinner provided by Freeman & Co.
Day 4 Wednesday, October 18: Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley
We also are currently working towards establishing a networking event for Monday Evening (October 16) with several mid-market institutions.
Finance Recruiting Updates
News from Goldman Sachs: Our 2018 Summer & Full-Time Analyst applications open TODAY. We extend offers on a rolling basis, so early submission is encouraged. Learn more: http://click.gs.com/vcwa
Upcoming JP Morgan Deadlines:
- Winning Women Commercial Banking (In Dallas, TX): Apply HERE by August 15
- Commercial Banking Launching Leaders (Chicago, IL): Apply HERE by August 15
Barclays' Summer Internship Opportunities for 2018: https://joinus.barclays/americas/internships/
M&T Bank annual Women's Leadership Symposium application deadline is August 25th. M&T will also be at William & Mary during the Fall On Campus Recruiting Season. See TribeCareers for detailed information.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Positions are OPEN. If you have any questions, or would like to connect with the recruiter for this position, please e-mail Sean Schofield directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for summer analyst programs are earlier than ever. You are strongly encouraged to apply early so you do not get left behind. Here are a few tips for a successful finance job and internship search:
- Update your Tribe Careers account & upload a current copy of your resume.
- Sign up for the Accounting/Finance newsletter through TribeCareers.
- Sign up for the Finance Academy's listserv. If you are not on the listserv, email Rita Murphy at email@example.com. Any students with an interest in finance are welcomed to be a part of the listserv.
Why in October?
Who can apply?
The $750 program fee covers:
- Three nights lodging (October 15, 16 & 17) in the Renaissance Hotel on Times Square. All participants will be required to share a double room with 2 to a room.
- Individual MetroCard for travel on the NYC subway system
You will be responsible for:
- Transportation costs to and from W&M and New York City
- Some meals. Our hosts will provide most of the meals, but expect to pay for a few out of your own pocket.
Program fees will be collected in 2 installments, after you have been accepted into the program.
*Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify*
Save your Dollars and Cents
Estimate Your Transportation Costs Early by Checking Travel Sites like Orbitz, Amtrak, Greyhound.
Remember that estimates do not always include taxes or other fees.
*Please note, you are responsible for attending ALL SESSIONS, and therefore cannot leave the trip until 12:00 noon on Wednesday. All travel arrangements must coincide with completing the FULL schedule of events.*
Dressing the Part
IDEAS OF WHERE TO SHOP:
Have a Valid, Government Issued ID
For security purposes, several of the sites will need you to show your Government Issued Photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, etc.).
Invest in Comfortable Shoes
Trust me, it's worth it. We'll be walking everywhere (sometimes at a very brisk pace) and the last thing you want is a blister.
Dress the Part
This will be an opportunity to make a great first impression on professionals that may endorse your candidacy for full-time employment - plan to be in business attire Monday through Wednesday.