The DCMS Bat Signal: 11/26/18
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Welcome back from Thanksgiving break! I am hopeful that all of you were able to rest and rejuvenate for the push to Christmas break. There is much to accomplish as the year comes to a close.
I am excited that we are getting new signage on the front of the building. The old 5/6 and 7/8 entrance signs will be replaced with signs that more closely indicate our current set up. This was funded by our building capital projects maintenance of equipment fund. As well, the 5/6 main stairwell will be getting new treads over the Christmas break. They have begun to show a lot of wear.
I pray that you all have a wonderful week!
Teach Like a Champion: See 100%, Radar, Be Seen Looking, What to Do, etc in Action!
- Benefit Basics Insurance Mtg - Monday, 11/26, @ 4 PM in the Bat Cave
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 12/10, @ 6:30 PM at South Elementary cafe
- MS Band Concert - Tuesday, 12/11, @ 7 PM in the gym
- 8th Grade Choir @ DHS - Thursday, 12/13, @ 7 PM at DHS
- Semester Celebrations (Individual by Grade Level) - Friday, 12/20 PM
- NO Students - Friday, 12/21; Grades are due prior @ 3 PM - sharp.
- BST Mtg - Monday, 11/26, @ 3:30 PM
- Dept Mtg - Tuesday, 11/27, locations TBA by Dept Heads @ 7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/28, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 12/5, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 12/11, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM for Suicide Prevention Training 2
- PLC - Wednesday, 12/12, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- DLTA Rep Mtg - Friday, 12/14, in Marsha's office
- Holiday PLC Celebration - Wednesday, 12/19, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
Dave will be out on Friday, 11/30.
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
December Fun is Coming!
All activities are meant to be fun and not to offend anyone. No one has to participate, but it is more fun if you do. :)
- Christmas Continental Breakfast Pitch-In – Friday, December 21 @ 8:15 AM. Please pitch-in and join even if you did not do Secret Santa. We want to see all the ugly sweaters! Please bring bagels/cream cheese, donuts, pastries, fruit, breakfast bars, milk, juice, etc. If you choose to bring a hot item, we won’t be mad. But only do so if you feel inclined. Sign up using the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBKygimFSp1rSdvAu2MbThrLEaIeaXdecwecYbo5IOg/edit?usp=sharing
- Christmas/Holiday Spirit Week – (for staff and students) Within reason, hats and other Christmas/holiday spirit wear are acceptable this week only providing the items are not a distraction to the learning environment. Should any item prevent teaching or learning, you have the right to confiscate the items. Please turn in any confiscated items to the office with a student name attached.
· Monday, 12/17 – “No Sweat Day” – Wear your favorite sweats!
· Tuesday, 12/118 – “Red and Green Day” – Wear your favorite red and green outfit.
· Wednesday, 12/19 – “Christmas/Holiday Hat Day” – Wear your Santa hats, elf hats, etc.
· Thursday, 12/20 – “Santa Day” – Wear your Santa gear to feel festive; beards, hats, etc.
· Friday, 12/21 - “Ugly Sweater Day” – Does this need an explanation?
- Cookie Exchange – Friday, 12/21 @ 11 AM in the administrative conference room. If you want to participate in the cookie/candy exchange, email Marsha. It is not too late to get in on the fun! So far we have six participants.
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.