The Freshman Fundamental
News and Happenings on Team 2025
Quarter 1 Update
This newsletter is full of information that will help guide you through the next phases of the school year. We had 2,444 views for our last newsletter, and I can't tell you how thankful we are when parents stay informed. We currently have 763 freshmen on our team, so reading your e-mails, listening to voicemails, and tracking newsletters are the best way to know what is happening at BHS.
As always, you are encouraged to keep a copy of the newsletter for future reference
Please CALL AHEAD if you need your teen picked-up during the school day.
New Team 2025 Member
IMPORTANT Information Regarding Grading
If you see a 0 in the gradebook, the assignment will be marked as "missing" or "collected".
- Missing means the work has not be submitted to the teacher.
- Collected means the work has been submitted but is still in progress of being graded.
Don't Forget to Check PowerSchool Regularly and Reach out to Teachers with Concerns
QUARTER 1 REPORT CARDS AVAILABLE OCTOBER 8TH ON POWERSCHOOL
Student report cards will be available for 2 weeks once posted. Please print them if you want to keep them for future reference.
Semester 1 Grades are....
40% Quarter 1 Grade
40% Quarter 2 Grade
20% Final Exam Grade
Semester 1 Grades ARE on the students' final transcripts
DRESS CODE ISSUES
Empowering Students to Manage Challenges Independently
- Encourage your teens to use their resources at school to problem-solve.
- Instead of reaching out for assistance FOR your teens, tell your teens with whom THEY need to communicate for assistance. For example, "Have you spoken with your counselor?", "Did you tell your teacher?", "Have you checked Schoology for an answer?"
- Many teens rely on their phones to reach out to their parents for help with challenges throughout the day. If you find this is happening, you may need to set boundaries by discussing when your teen should call you for help and when your teen should manage situations on their own.
Team 2025 Pathway Meetings
- Directions for checking student, school based e-mail accounts
- Understanding Indiana Graduation Pathways
- Various diploma requirements
- Ways to stay informed
- Transcript Review with example
- Ways to reach your counselor for support
The PowerPoint is shared below for your information.