What it is, what it looks like, and how to avoid it!
What is it?
Fraud is wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
What does it look like?
Fraud can come in the form of...
- An email or message asking for personal info
- A "product" you buy online, but never receive
- "Work at home!" Starter kits you have to buy
How can I avoid it?
Ways you can avoid fraud:
- DON'T reply to emails/messages with ANY personal info (i.e. name, address, phone number, credit card... etc.)
- Look at customer ratings, if there are bad ratings and comments, it is generally fraud
- If it LOOKS too good to be true... It probably is. It's almost NEVER "that easy"