GHMS Dawg Bites
Volume 5, Issue 4 --- Week of September 4th
Excellence is our cornerstone, our tradition, the Bulldog way!
Click on the GHMS Calendar button to access all upcoming events at GHMS for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a google calendar and events are always subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. New dates are always being added!
Order your yearbook by 10/27/17 - Click on the button below!
Click here to order your yearbook. All orders need to be made online . The deadline to order a 2017-2018 yearbook is October 27, 2017.
BBEL Academy Service Project -- UPDATE -- Bulldogs, Believe!
As of Friday, September 1st --- Here are the approximate numbers:
- $9,378.00 - Raised
- $2112.48 - Cost of T-shirts
- $200.00 - T-Shirt shipping
About $7,000.00 will be sent to our sister school BBEL Academy! Based on GHMS Community donations, this covers:
- 23 day student tuitions
- 11 boarding student tuitions
- 8 months of teacher salaries
PSAT - October 11th - (8th Grade Students Only)
- 8th Grade Students are invited to take the PSAT on October 11, 2017.
- The PSAT is administered at GHMS during regular school hours.
- The cost is $16.00 if you are interested in having your child take this optional assessment.
- The $16.00 fee (can be paid on www.studentquickpay.com/fortmill/) or by cash/check to GHMS.
- Fees are due by Monday, September 13th.
- The results of this test will be sent to GHMS in January 2018.
- Student guides will be distributed prior to testing
- More information is available at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10
- Students who have a qualifying score will be named a SC Junior Scholar.
- District funding is available for students.
- Student guides will be distributed prior to testing.
- More info available at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10
Student Grades Reporting Dates and Incentive Dates
- September 19th - Quarter 1 Progress Reports
- October 25th - Quarter 1 Report Cards go home with students
- October 27th - Quarter 1 Incentive Day
- November 15th - Quarter 2 Progress Reports
- January 5th – Quarter 2/Semester 1 Report Cards go home with students
- January 12th - Quarter 2 Incentive Day
- February 14th - Quarter 3 Progress Reports
- March 21st – Quarter 3 Report Cards go home with students
- March 29th - Quarter 3 Incentive Day
- April 19th - Quarter 4 Progress Reports
- May 24th - Quarter 4 Incentive Day
- May 31st – Final Report Cards mailed home
- Stay updated with parent portal: https://fortmill.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Need to enroll in parent portal - contact our school registrar Dawn Fite at: email@example.com
Teacher Class Pages
- All teacher class pages should have homework posted for the upcoming week by 4 P.M. on Friday.
- All homework is posted in the same location and format on every teacher's class page.
- All 2017-2018 athletes must have a physical on file dated after April 1st, 2017.
- All fall athletes must pay the $100.00 athletic fee one week prior to the first contest.
- Athletic contest admittance price - $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for students
Link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to GHMS (you can link to more than one school/organization):
Name of School – GHMS
TIE Account # is – 2247 (GHMS PTA)
TIE Account # is – 1019 (GHMS Athletic Booster Club)
We received over $4000.00 in donations from Harris Teeter last year due to VIC Cards!