We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
September 7-11, 2015
September 7th - 20th ~
- Registration for Young Rembrants Drawing Classes - click here for more information
- Labor Day - School Holiday
- Rosh Hashanah (No School)
- Happy Birthday Jake N.!
- Race for Education Labels Due - Labels and green "sponsor name" sheet due!
- Yom Kippur (No School)
- Scholastic Book Orders Due - Class Code - GK8L7
- Box Tops due for September! Let's start the year off great!
We need your Race for Education green sheets & labels!
A few quick things about this week...
*A friendly reminder... students should be reading the same independent reading book at home as they are at school. This means, their DEAR book should be going home nightly with them, and making its way back to school the following day, everyday!
*Weekly Reading Log Bookmarks will be collected every Monday/Tuesday and should have a parent signature!
Writing & Spelling
I encourage students to be writing at home 2+ times per week. They can write anything – lists, paragraphs, stories, put an artifact in their notebook – we will be talking about and practicing lots of different strategies in class. It should take about 10 minutes - 2+ times per week! There is no specific assignment... they can practice whatever strategy we've done in class or just write! All "at home" entries should be dated and marked with an (H) to let me know it was an "at home" entry. Remember... the more they write, the better writers they will become!
Spelling Homework - Unit #29, pages 177-178 due Thursday, Quiz Friday
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
Science ~ Electricity
- Students correctly fill in the blanks in their white packet using the purple paper.
- Words should be spelled correctly, because the words are on the purple paper!
- All illustrations should relate to the content on the page, be neat, and colored.