SMS Media Center
CHECK US OUT
MEDIA CENTER NEWS
Digital Ebooks and Audio books
https://www.galileo.usg.edu/welcome Use your computer login information.
MakerSpace Challenges / Boggle Challenge
Create a book talk/ book review of a book recently read. This will be a summary of the book with a review of love it or hate it. You can do a video, visual presentation (your choice), or flipgrid.
How many words can you find?????
See below puzzle
3 Letter Words ________ 7 Letter Words _____
4 Letter Words ________ 8 Letter Words _____
5 Letter Words ________ 9 Letter Words _____
6 Letter Words ________
Create a list of words grouped in #of letters used. Let's see who can find the most words. You can type your list in word and share with Tblackstock@paulding.k12.ga.us or turn in on notebook paper by snapping a picture send as well. All entries are due February 1st. A prize will be given to the winner.Please email your address so a prize can be emailed to the winner.
Remember in Boggle the letters need to touch each other even diagonally.
Hours of SMS Media Center
Visiting the Media Center
- Students need a pass to Media Center with student's name, date, time, purpose & teacher's signature after homeroom.
- If students need to come in before homeroom, students will need to check in with homeroom teacher and return if needed with a homeroom pass.
- Students must SIGN IN at the Circulation Desk using the chrome books using their student id and select the activity.
- Food, drinks, cell phones, headphones, and earbuds are not allowed in Media Center.
Students may visit the Media Center to:
- Study/Complete assignments
- Check In/Out books
- Use computers to complete assignments
- Conduct research
- Print essays or projects
- Purchase items from school's store
- Complete challenges for maker space and lego
- Board games, puzzle
- Your login is the same info you use for computer login.
- Student/Parent Resources: https://destiny.paulding.k12.ga.us/
- Check to see if we have a book, equipment, DVD, etc
- Put a book on hold to pick up
- Login for eBooks click here
NEW BOOKS - TAKE A LOOK
Connect going through the student dashboard then clever and use your computer login information
NEW GEORGIA ENCYCLOPEDIA: https://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/
An authoritative source on the people, places, events and institutions of Georgia.
CITATION MACHINE: Use this tool to properly credit information obtained for research.
The free automatic bibliography and citation maker.
BOOKS IN A SERIES? http://yaseries.bettendorflibrary.com/index.php/Main_Page
Don't know the next book in a series? Check out this website and see if you can find the next book in the series