- Medicine and Dentistry: Injuries and illnesses and plans for treatment.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Biology: Cells, plants, and animals and how they function.
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Personnel and Human Resources: The policies to hire and retain employees.
- Chemistry: The properties of substances and the changes that occur when they interact.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Economics and Accounting: Banking and business.
work on teeth
- Have a high level of social contact. Dentists work constantly with patients or coworkers.
- Are exposed on a daily basis to the diseases and infections carried by patients.
- Must fully complete and be exact in their work. Any errors could cause their patients to experience pain.
- May work 40 hours a week. Some work more, especially dentists starting new practices.
in Missouri, dentists earn a median wage of $161,080 - more than $187,200 per year.
To work as a dentist, you typically need to:
- have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- complete at least two years of college;
- take science courses in college;
- graduate from dental school; and
- pass a state exam to get a license.