February 20, 2020
- Michigan is seeking nominations for the 2020 Presidential Awards in Math and Science, nominations due 3/1/20
- Literacy Essentials offers FREE online training for teachers in Pre-K, Grades K-3, and Literacy Coaches
- FREE REMC Virtual Courses registration open now; each course lasts three weeks and offers 10 SCECHs
- Criminal Justice Career Day for freshmen and sophmores at the Career Tech Center 4/22/20
Tell Your Parents
- U.S. Census Bureau Employment Opportunities
- FREE Self-help addiction program SMART Recovery for Adults Mon, Wed, & Fri at 2PM
- FREE Self-help addiction program SMART Recovery for Teens for youth 13 & up Tuesdays 4:30 p.m.
- Middle and high school students could end up on NPR through the Student Podcast Challenge, enter by 3/24/20
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Training 3/26/20; FREE training in Whitehall
- Class of 2020 $1,000 Scholarship & $250 to Teacher through Best Financial Credit Union Due 4/10/20
Get Your Learning On!
- 2019 - 20 ACRI Community of Practice 3/3/20, FREE In County/$10 Out County, Dinner, SCECHs
- MiPSE System Overview & Updates - SE staff 3/6/20; FREE 1.5 SCECHs
- Medicaid New & Refresher - TCM/Teacher 3/6/20; FREE
- Transition Council 2019-20 3/24/20; FREE
- Google Quick Start Trainings: Google Keep - 5/20/20; FREE, 2 SCECHs
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
Shoah Student Outreach Day
Educators: Bring a small group of students for a special opportunity to meet Holocaust Survivor Irene Miller and hear her incredible story of resilience and survival; 3/30/20; FREE, 5.5 Professional Development Hours, Lunch provided. Learn More and Register
Don't Miss This!
Read early. Read often. Birthday Party
FREE Admission - Watermark 920, Muskegon
March 7, 2020 10:00 AM - Noon
Support Read early. Read often. of Muskegon County's mission to read every day, everything, and everywhere to infants and toddlers by joining us to celebrate our sixth birthday! All Muskegon County expectant moms and 0–6 year-olds and their families are welcome to attend. See Details
Cool Clip to Share with Friends
WZZM TV-13: 'Read early. Read often.' program in Muskegon County turns six"Read early. Read often." in Muskegon County is a broad countywide effort to urge parents, siblings, grand parents and community members to read to infants and toddlers. In 2019, Read early. Read often. gave away 29,000 books! The public is invited to its sixth birthday party March 7. Please SHARE this video in an email or social media post by using this link: https://bit.ly/2UXJZ1H