@ The Schmitz Park Library
With Ms. Vannini
This is the plan...
Welcome to the library!
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- The library program will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help student's enjoy the stories even more.
- I will be doing my very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- I will continue to add new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction.
- I will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child, and support classroom lessons.
- The library will continue to offer a quiet, safe place for students to play games, color or read during some recess times.
- I have a lot of special events being planned, including author visits, a book fair, and our Global Reading Challenge.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. I would love to have you!
I am ready and excited about this coming year and am committed to making the library your child's favorite place in the school!
Kid President's Pep Talk to Teachers, Students and Parents!
We are hosting a myON Literacy Event on October 1st and 8th from 6:00 to 6:25 in the Schmitz Park cafeteria. At the orientation, you will be provided a demonstration and free access to myON reader. myON reader will provide you with infinite access to a growing collection of thousands of digital books that can be read anytime, anywhere there is an Internet connection.
myON reader is the first-of-its-kind personalized literacy environment that integrates technology, reading levels and students’ ability to match their reading level and preferred choice of books into one online reading program.
In addition to implementing myON reader, we are excited to give you the opportunity to learn new ways to enhance your child(ren)’s reading experience and spend time reviewing curriculum topics, building reading stamina and increasing comprehension.
We hope you find this program as exciting as we do, and will join us in making myON reader a success!
FUN CALENDAR DATES:
October 8th - How to use myOn (our subscription for online books) - For k-2 parents, 6:00 in cafeteria (before curriculum night)
October 30th - Halloween parade 1:30