St. Stanislaus STAR
March 16 , 2016
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Fourth quarter has arrived! Report Cards will be sent home today.
With the warming days and spring activities, students become a little restless as they know that summer break is approaching. Many new skills and concepts are introduced and mastered in these last nine weeks. We ask that you help us keep your child focused on the importance tasks of learning and being Christ to one another.
Sunday begins Holy Week, a most important time of the church year. Hopefully you and your family will find the time to attend the beautiful and special services that come only at this time of year.
Today each family will be receiving an envelope that contains the information regarding the decision the St. Stanislaus School Board made last week regarding the Land’s End issue. We appreciate the families who expressed concern about this issue.
Happy St. Patrick’s tomorrow to all our Irish families. Saturday, March 19 is the feast of St. Joseph, another wonderful day. It was impressive to see the number of dads who came to school today to celebrate this feast day with the kindergarten class.
The 2016-2017 school calendar was approved by the school board at its meeting last week. The starting day for our next school year will be Wed. Aug. 17, with a full day of classes. This is one day earlier than Blair Oaks. The entire school calendar will be posted on the website within the next week and a copy will be sent out with a future STAR.
May the blessings of God be with you and your family today and each day.
With the STAR (in the folder/attachment)
- Report cards are being sent home today
- Information from School Board
- Lions Club Summer baseball/softball sign-up information
- St. Louis University Enrichment Reading Program Flyers
- Helias Fundraiser
- Parks & Rec Program and Facilities guide
Calendar of Events
Thursday, March 17
7:50am Mass 6th
Friday, March 18
7:50am Mass 5th
Wednesday, March 23
1:00pm Early Dismissal
Notes & Reminders
- The Summer Care Program at St. Stanislaus will be for the months of June and July 2016. The registration form can be found on the website (www.ststan.net) under the Forms & info tab. **No registration accepted after May 2**
- Walk for Life - The 39th annual Walk for Life will be held April 3 following the 10:30 am Mass (@11:30 am) at St. Stanislaus Church. Easter is an excellent time to collect for the Walk for Life and to invite your friends, family and neighbors to Walk with you. For every $10 you raise, you will get an extra chance to win awesome prizes.Thank you again for your support of the Walk.
- The Early Childhood Program is currently enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year. The program is currently enrolling children who are 3.5 to 5 years of age. Children must turn 4 years of age by December 31, 2016. The St. Stanislaus Early Childhood Program follows the school calendar year and is designed to provide a faith filled, play based learning environment. For more information or to request an enrollment packet please call 573-636-7802, email email@example.com or stop by the St. Stanislaus School office.
Grandparents Day Friday, April 22
Tuesday, March 29 NO Bus Service
Helias Project Graduation
Pregnancy Help Center 5K
State Archery Tournament March 18 & 19 at Tan-Tar-A Resort Lake of the Ozarks.
March 18 at 6:30pm
March 19 at 9:30am and 12:30pm