Dear Parents and Guardians,
Materials and Instructions
1 Oatmeal container
14 popsicle sticks
Newspaper or magazine
Alphabet and number stickers
1. Make sure the oatmeal container is empty and clean.
2. Decorate the oatmeal container with newspaper or magazine (your choice) use a little glue and put it on the outside of the oatmeal container and begin wrapping the newspaper/magazines around the oatmeal container.
3. Gather 7 popsicle sticks and place one alphabet stickers on each then add number stickers 1-7 on each stick.
4. If stickers are not available use a marker to write alphabet and numbers.
5. Take the oatmeal container plastic top off and cut different size slits on top by using scissors.
Age appropriate for toddlers ages 1-2. This toy is great for promoting fine motor skills, eye and hand coordination, gross motor skills, cognitive skills, social skills and introducing alphabets and numbers.
Goals and Objectives
Toddlers ages 1-2 will be able to match the alphabets and numbers to the hopscotch board. Place the sticks inside of the slits of the oatmeal top. Use gross motors to hop from space to space and think about cause and effect and discuss the pictures on the board. Introduce alphabets and numbers to toddlers.