Pioneer Weekly Updates
September 23, 2022
upcoming dates and events:
- September 19th - Gifted and Talented Nomination Window Opens (see parent nomination form below)
- September 27th - Safety drills (rescheduled from last week)
- September 28th - Rosh Hashanah
- October 5th - Yom Kippur
- October 5th - Fall School Pictures (Individual)
- October 6th - Principal's Coffee in Patton Library at 8:00 a.m.
- October 6th - 3rd Grade Performance for Families in Patton Cafeteria at 6:00 p.m.
- October 7th - Student Early Release at 1:30 p.m.
- October 14th - Student Holiday
- October 24th - 28th - Wellness (Red Ribbon) Week
- October 28th - Literacy Day (Book Character Costume)
THIS IS NEW!! BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th:
1) No need to drop off any forgotten technology (Chromebooks, iPads, or chargers). We have enough to check out to students who forget them at home. Save yourself the trip; we've got you covered.
2) Lunches, water bottles, umbrellas, jackets, etc. can all be left on the shelf by the front door. Labels and pens are available for you to write your child's and teacher's names. Once complete, adhere label to your item.
3) For items that need to arrive to your child immediately - such as eyeglasses or hearing aids, please ring the bell and someone will let you in.
We will deliver all items beginning at 9:00 am and will do a second run at 11:00 am.
Why the big change? Other schools in the area have been doing this and report that it is easier for parents to drop off and hop back in the car without having to enter the building. We also believe it increases our safety by minimizing the number of times each day that we open the exterior doors. We have a camera directly on the shelf and can monitor items.
austin isd bond information:
so so so much generosity helping us clear those lists!
- Ms. Graham - MINDFULNESS ROOM :)
- Ms. Uglietta: PreK-4
- Ms. Wallace: Kinder
- Ms. Torres: Kinder
- Ms. Slade: Kinder
- Ms. Couch:1st
- Ms. Lampkin: 1st
- Ms. Schroeder: 1st
- Ms. Simek: 1st
- Ms. Warner:1st
- Ms. Thompson:1st
- Ms. Choi: 2nd
- Ms. Eads: 2nd
- Ms. Collums: 2nd
- Ms. Araujo: 3rd
- Ms. Beasley: 4th
- Ms. Arnold: 4th
- Mr. Lockaby: 4th + STEM
- Mr. Orenstein: 5th
- Ms. Rushing: 5th
- Ms. Hall: Art K-5
- Ms. Colston: Art K-5
- Ms. Walzel: Music K-5
- Ms. Reider: Dyslexia Intervention
- Ms. Chavanne: Dyslexia Intervention
- Ms. Yates: Librarian
- Ms. Dufrene: Life Skills 1-2
- Ms. Apodaca: Life Skills 3-5
- Ms. Brabham: Counselor
OUR MUSIC DEPARTMENT BROUGHT BACK AUSTIN JAZZ FOR A REAL, LIVE, BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE FOR OUR THIRD - FIFTH GRADERS:
PE IS CELEBRATING HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH BY RECOGNIZING HISPANIC ATHLETES:
library is open! ms. yates has done a great job of welcoming our pioneers back to the library for introductions, read alouds, lessons, and check-out!
HERE THEY GO AGAIN! HEB AND CHICK-FIL-A!
LOST AND FOUND!
LABEL, LABEL, LABEL! WE MAKE DELIVERIES!
patton sponsor shoutout! thank you!!
PHONES, SMART PHONES, SMART WATCHES TO REMAIN IN BACKPACKS!
We are seeing a significant number of interruptions to daily learning due to the presence of these devices.
We are asking for your support as our teachers direct students to place their personal devices in their backpacks during the instructional day. Students can access them again at dismissal time.
Thank you for your cooperation.