Time to Get Creative!
Easy Graphic Design for the Creative Classroom
Today We Must All Be Designers!
If you’ve ever wondered how to create stylish posters, newsletters, amazing blog post graphics, or great social media images, then this is the class for you! Digital design is an increasingly important skill to have in a teacher’s toolkit. It might sound intimidating, but the truth is, it's easier than ever to learn good design and get great results. This online course shows educators how to create eye-catching graphics for their classroom and reveals how to transfer that knowledge to empower students to be dynamic digital designers!
Easy Graphic Design for the Creative Classroom starts with some graphic design basics and builds on that knowledge to help you create a number of fun, hands-on, projects for school. Best of all, no experience is required and free online tools that are quick and easy to learn will be used throughout this course.
There are lots of ways that digital design can be used in the classroom by both students and teachers. Some examples include, flyers for school events, bulletin board signs, classroom newsletters, book / magazine covers, certificates, brochures, infographics, anchor charts, invitations, photo collages, posters, resumes, worksheets, graphic organizers, social media posts...and more!
Feedback From Previous Participants:
- "Great uses for teachers and students."
- "A wonderful course for educators. Practical ways to implement Graphic Design into my practice."
- "Great class, great takeaways, and would highly recommend."
- "This was a super empowering class for someone who struggles greatly with anything technological! I learned a ton.
- "After 19 years of teaching, I've been a part of so many classes and workshops for re-certification credit. I don't exaggerate when I tell you that this one has been the best ever. It's been both helpful and enjoyable. You've got it set up perfectly with a great mixture of hands-on design, and working with others in the class."
February 5: Save the Date!
The remainder of the class will be delivered in an online format with learning modules that are hosted in Canvas. Dates are provided for these modules on the PD website, however, these are largely for pacing purposes. Participants do not need to be available, or online, at these specific times. The class is taught asynchronously, which means online modules and assignments will have due dates, but participants can work on the content at times of their choosing.
Earn Recertification Credit
Register Today: Space is Limited
Creativity is just a click away because registration for Easy Graphic Design for the Creative Classroom is now open. Simply click the big red button below and you will be taken to the Professional Development page on the Grant Wood AEA website where you can sign up today!
=> Use the course code 167883 to search and register for the class in the new PD system. <=