100 days of learning and fun!
Upcoming Event Info
- Spelling Bee Grade levels and classrooms will be conducting spelling bees to determine which students will represent Rountree at the LAD bee.
- Student led parent-teacher conferences Grades K-4 only Mark your calendars for Feb. 23rd. There will be a presentation by our French intern, Charlotte, a book fair, and a PTA crepe sale.
- Kindergarten Registration is coming up on Thursday, March 3rd from 9-11.
- Summer school registration--Make your mark at Explore!
This summer, Explore will offer students eight weeks of exciting opportunities to pursue their unique interests and passions. From May 26 through July 29, each day will be packed with engaging, relevant and personal learning opportunities, enriched by integrated technology, exciting field experiences and hands-on activities.
New this year, Artworks will be offered free at two locations, plus students can choose to stay all day to enrich their experience. With more than 20 elementary schools to choose from, free transportation for eligible students and breakfast and lunch served at every school, Explore offers a great experience for everyone.
Elementary students will attend classes Monday through Friday from 8:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. (except Hickory Hills, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.). There will be no classes July 1 or July 4.
Enrollment for elementary students begins Feb. 11 at www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org.
Please keep in mind that children with a fever are not allowed to return to school until being fever free for 24 hours without medicine.
- If you bring something to school for your child during the school day please drop it off in the office. Taking items to the classrooms is disruptive and interrupts learning.
- Please take time to recognize an outstanding teacher or staff member by clicking the button at the bottom of the newsletter. Staff recognition is really appreciated!
February 4 Early release (School dismisses at 1:30)
February 10 4th grade wax museum 2:15
February 12 Valentine's Parties 2:30
February 15 No School President's Day
February 17 5:00 5th grade Architecture night and 5th grade student led conferences
February 18 Kdg Prep 6:30
February 23 Talent show tryouts and from 4pm-5pm Student Led Conferences for grades K-4
February 29 McDonald's night
March 1 Talent show 6:00
March 3 Early release (School dismisses at 1:30)
If your child is going to be absent please call Shirley at 523-4900.
I am always happy to visit with you about any questions or concerns you may have. You can reach me at 523-4900 or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are having an awesome year!