Carter Middle School
Ms. Amy Hendry, Ed.S, Principal
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
9-19, 9-20, & 10-5 6th and 8th Grade ELA
9-21, 9-25, & 10-9 7th and 8th Grade ELA
9-26, 9-27, & 9-28 6th and 8th Grade Math
10-2, 10-3, & 10-4 7th Grade Math
9/22- PLC Half Day- Hours 4,5,6- 11:00 a.m. dismissal
9/25- Home Volleyball vs Carleton 4 p.m.
9/26- Home Football vs WWT 4 p.m.
9/27- Home Volleyball vs Warren Woods 4 p.m.
9/27- Ecology Club Room 310- 2:50- 4 p.m.
9/29- Fundraiser Kick Off- Cookie Dough
10/2- Home Volleyball vs Roseville 4 p.m.
10/3- Home Football vs Grissom 4 p.m.
10/4- COUNT DAY!
10/4- Away Volleyball @ Beer 4 p.m.
10/6- Popcorn Friday $1.00 after school in main lobby
10/9- Away Volleyball @ Grissom 4 p.m.
10/10- Booster Club Mtg 6:00p.m. Media Center
10/10- Away Football @ Beer 4 p.m.
10/11- Away Volleyball @ Carleton 4 p.m.
10/12- Anime/Pokemon Club starts Rm 408- 3:00- 4:00p.m.
10/13- PLC Half Day- Hours 0,1,2,3- 11:00 a.m. dismissal
10/16- Away Volleyball @ Warren Woods 4 p.m.
10/17- Home Football vs Jefferson 4 p.m.
10/23- Home Volleyball vs Beer 4 p.m.
10/24- Away Football @ Carleton (Game is being played at Cousino) 4 p.m.
10/25- Home Volleyball vs Grissom 4 p.m.
10/26- Extravaganza (student dance)
10/27- Half Day- Hours 4,5,6- 11:00 a.m. dismissal
10/28- 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball tournament at SHHS- 8:00- 11:00 a.m.
10/30- Volleyball Banquet- Cafe
10/30- Away football @ Wolfe 5 p.m.
W.E.B.- Where Everybody Belongs
Kona Ice Truck- Honor Roll Celebration June 2017
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the ELA classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
212 the extra degree
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
Band SEPTEMBER 2017
Welcome back to the fantastic Carter Middle School Band program for the 2017-2018 season! My name is Mr. Anthony Case and I am the director of bands here at Carter Middle School. I am looking forward to continuing the high quality of musicianship and success that the Carter Bands are known for. There are many great opportunities and events that are going to be happening within the next few months. Seventh and Eighth grade students have the opportunity to participate at MSBOA District XVI Solo and Ensemble Festival on January 13, 2018. I highly recommend that all 7th and 8th graders participate in this festival through performing a solo and/or being a part of an ensemble. Participation forms with the cost associated will be passed out the week of September 25 and the participation form with money will be due on Friday, October 20, 2017.
The Carter Band Program will be having their annual Savory Cookie Dough Fundraiser this year. Order forms will be passed out the week of September 25 and the Order Forms with Money are due Friday, October 20, 2017. The product pick up place and time will be at Carter Middle School, Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Please consider taking part and ordering from this great fundraiser as it helps out this fantastic band program and aids in simplifying the holiday cookie making process.
Later on in the month of October, the Carter Bands will have their annual Night of Fright Pizza Fundraiser Concert on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at Carter Middle School. Ticket order forms, donation requests and volunteer times will be sent home in late September. Please schedule this onto the calendar and keep this evening open to hear great music, spend time with family and friends, and eat tasty pizza.
Members of the Symphonic Band (8th Grade Night with the Cousino H.S. Patriot Marching Band)have a performance with the Cousino High School Patriot Marching Band. There is a rehearsal on Thursday, October 12, 2017 from 3:45-5:00pm at Cousino High School. Then, the performance is on Friday, October 13, 2017 with a call time of 6:00pm in the Cousino High School Band Room.
In addition, the Carter Bands will be hard at work preparing for the 2017 Winter Concert which will be held at the Performing Arts Center (12901 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48312) on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 7:00p.m. All bands (Jazz, Cadet, Concert and Symphonic Bands) will be performing at this concert.
Please take time to visit the Carter Bands website for information, band calendar and constant updates at
Go Cougar Bands!
Mr. Anthony Case
Director of Bands – Carter Middle School
(586) 825-2620 ext. 24109
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com