Carter Middle School
Ms. Amy Hendry, Ed.S, Principal
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
Carter Staff- WEA Trunk & Treat
Carter Allied Arts Team!!!
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
11/2- New York Trip Meeting 7:30AM Media Center
11/2- Boys Bball Tryouts 4:30PM-6:00PM Carter Gym- MUST have physical to tryout
11/3- Book Club 7 AM Media Center
11/3- Open Gym Boys and Girls Bball 7:00 AM
11/3- Open Yoga in Fitness Room Boys and Girls 7:00 AM
11/6- Yearbook Meeting 2:50- 3:30PM
11/6- Boys Bball Tryouts 4:30- 6:0 PM Carter Gym
11/7- No School
11/7- Leason's Dinner PTO Dinner Fundraiser- 20% kicks back to Carter
11/8- Boys Bball Tryouts 4:30- 6:00PM Carter Gym-
**MUST have physical to tryout
11/9- Boys Bball Tryouts 4:30- 6:00PM Carter Gym
11/8- Cookie Dough pick up 3:00- 5:00PM in 'Pit Area' back of school
11/08- Ecology Club Mtg room 310 2:50PM- 4:00PM
11/9- Anime Club room 408 3:00PM- 4:00PM
11/9- PTO Movie Night: Jungle Book Cafe 6:30PM at Carter
11/10- Half Day 11:00AM Dismissal Hours 0,1,2, & 3
11/13- Band Nashville Trip meeting 6:00PM in Band Room
11/13-11/17- American Education Week- WEA Poster Contest
11/13- Jazz Band 3:00PM- 4:00PM
11/14- Booster Club Meeting 6PM Carter Media Center
11/15- Band Cookie Dough pick up in "pit area" 3:00 -5:00PM
11/16- Anime Club room 408 3:00PM- 4:00PM
11/17- Open Gym Boys and Girls Bball 7:00 AM
11/17- Open Yoga in Fitness Room Boys and Girls 7:00 AM
11/17- PBIS Field Trip MJR- Movie- Wonder
11/20- PTC Evening Only 5pm-8:00PM Carter Gym
11/21- PTC 12:30PM-3:00PM & 5:00Pm-8:00PM Carter Gym
11/21- Half Day 11:00AM Dismissal Hours 4, 5 & 6
11/22 & 23- No School Happy Thanksgiving!
11/27- Jazz Band 3:00PM- 4:00PM
11/29- Ecology Club Mtg room 310 2:50PM- 4:00PM
11/29 Yearbook Meeting in Media Center- See Ms. Pekar for new assignments
11/30- Anime Club room 408 3:00PM- 4:00PM
12/5- 2017 Winter Band Concert at PAC 7:00PM
1/13- MSBOA District XVI Solo and Ensemble
Carter Science in Action!!
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
Take a STAND AGAINST BULLYING- ORANGE OUT!!!
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the ELA classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Carter 7th Grade Volleyball
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
NASHVILLE BAND TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT: Concert Band and Symphonic Band
students (7th & 8th grade band students) trip meeting on Monday, November 13 at 6:00pm in the band room. Please plan on attending this informational meeting.
Reminder the Savory Cookie Dough Fundraiser product pick-up place and time will be at Carter Middle School, Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 3:00-5:00pm in the pit. Orders come pre-packed so very easy to pick-up.
Congratulations to the band students on their fantastic performance at the Night of Fright Pizza Fundraiser Concert. Thank you so much to the students, parents, volunteers and Carter staff for their generosity and support of the Carter Band program and our Fundraisers. A great time was had by all.
Members of the Symphonic Band showed their musicianship at the Friday Night Cousino High School Football Game on Friday, October 13. They did a great job and had an opportunity to briefly experience what marching band is all about.
In addition, the Carter Bands will be hard at work preparing for the 2017 Winter Concert which will be held at the Performing Arts Center (12901 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48312) on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 7:00p.m. All bands (Jazz, Cadet, Concert and Symphonic Bands) will be performing at this concert.
Reminder to those Seventh and Eighth grade students who are participating in MSBOA District XVI Solo And Ensemble Festival On January 13, 2017 you should already have your music selected and be working on it. Each participant/group must work with Mr. Case a minimum of two times before festival. Your selection must be at least 90 seconds in length, number with your name at the top. Please make sure to speak with Mr. Case if you need an accompanist for your solo.
Please take time to visit the Carter Bands website for information, band calendar and constant updates at
Go Cougar Bands!
Mr. Anthony Case
Director of Bands – Carter Middle School
(586) 825-2620 ext. 24109
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com