Carter Middle School
Ms. Amy Hendry, Principal
June 2017 Newsletter
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
June 1, 2017- Book Club Media Center (2:50-3:30 pm)
June 3-5th- Washington DC Trip
June 6, 2017- Spring Band Concert
June 6, 2017- Spa I Final Exam
June 7, 2017- Spa 1/AA Final Exams
June 8, 2017- PBIS Tiger Game
June 9, 2017- SS/ELA Final Exam
June 12, 2017- Science/Math Exam
June 13, 2017- Science Exam
June 14, 2017- 8th Grade Farewell 9:00-11:00 a.m.
June 15, 2017- Half Day- Adjusted full day schedule/Last Student Day
June 15, 2017- World Cup
June 16, 2017- Last Teacher Day/ Band Cedar Point Trip
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the ELA classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
212 the extra degree
Relay for Life Team
Join the Relay for Life Team and walk with us on June 10th at the Warren Civic Center. Here are the directions to sign up:
1. Google “Relay for life Warren”
2. Click on:
3. Click join this relay
4. Click create an account
5. Fill in your information
6. Our team name is: Princess Ember, Knight Ray and their Carter Cougars
7. Complete registration
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Once school has begun and is in progress, parents/guardians have the ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com