Carter Middle School
Ms. Amy Hendry, Principal
March 2017 Newsletter
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
Enjoy your beats! Thank you parents for completing the Parent Survey!!! We appreciate your support and voice.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
March 2, 2017- NAEP Assessment
March 3, 2017- Friday Morning Bball 7:00-7:40 a.m.
March 3, 2017- Yoga Club- Fitness Room 7:00- 7:40 a.m.
March 3, 2017- WCSPA Program 8th grade Presentation at 1:15 p.m. Cafe
March 3, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs BEER (AWAY)
March 6, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs Roseville (@ HOME)
March 6, 2017- Jazz Band 3- 4:00 p.m. Room 109
March 8, 2017- Ecology Club Meeting Room 307 2:50- 4:00 p.m.
March 9, 2017- Book Club 2:50- 3:30 P.m. Media Center
March 9, 2017- Card Club Room 408 3-4:00 p.m.
March 9, 2017- Girls Basketball Beer vs Carter (@ HOME)
March 10, 2017- Half Day- 11:00 a.m. dismissal- hours 4, 5, & 6
March 10, 2017- Student Scheduling Cards Due in Counseling Center
March 13, 2017- Jazz Band 3- 4:00 p.m. Room 109
March 13, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter @ Carleton (AWAY)
March 14, 2017- PI (Parent Involvement) Night 6:00- 7:30 pm in Cafe
March 15, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter @ Warren Woods (AWAY)
March 16, 2017- Electronics Drive
March 16, 2017- Parent Teacher Conferences 12:30- 3:00 p.m. and 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
March 17, 2017- Friday Morning Bball 7:00-7:40 a.m.
March 17, 2017- Yoga Club- Fitness Room 7:00- 7:40 a.m.
March 17, 2017- PBIS Field Trip MJR
March 20, 2017- Jazz Band 3- 4:00 p.m. Room 109
March 20, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter @ Roseville MS (AWAY)
March 22, 2017- Ecology Club Meeting Room 307 2:50- 4:00 p.m.
March 23, 2017- Card Club Room 408 3-4:00 p.m.
March 23, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter @ Grissom (AWAY)
March 24, 2017- Friday Morning Bball 7:00-7:40 a.m.
March 24, 2017- Yoga Club- Fitness Room 7:00- 7:40 a.m.
March 25, 2017- WCS Position Round at Warren Mott HS 9-11:00 a.m.
March 27, 2017- Jazz Band 3- 4:00 p.m. Room 109
March 28, 2017- 5th Grade Parent Night and Student Tour
March 30, 2017- Card Club Room 408 3-4:00 p.m.
March 31, 2017- Friday Morning Bball 7:00-7:40 a.m.
March 31, 2017- Records Day Half Day- 11:00 a.m. dismissal- hours 0,1,2, & 3
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the ELA classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
212 the extra degree
Yearbook Club needs your help!!!!
If you have any pictures from Carter sporting events that you think would make good shots for the yearbook, please email your photos to Ms. Pekar at: email@example.com
Especially looking for boys 8th grade football, any photos you may have taken would be appreciated!!
Relay for Life Team
Join the Relay for Life Team and walk with us on June 10th at the Warren Civic Center. Here are the directions to sign up:
1. Google “Relay for life Warren”
2. Click on:
3. Click join this relay
4. Click create an account
5. Fill in your information
6. Our team name is: Princess Ember, Knight Ray and their Carter Cougars
7. Complete registration
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Carter/ WCS District Writing Celebration Winners!!!
Tabassum Chowdhury- 7th grade
Terasia Elias- 8th grade
Jalen Whitfield- 8th grade
- Once school has begun and is in progress, parents/guardians have the ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
Carter Band News:
The Century Resources Fundraiser product pick-up place and time will be at Carter Middle
School, on March 7th, 8th, or 9th, 2017. Students will know the exact date by Friday, March 3.
The Symphonic Band has MSBOA District XVI District Band Festival which will be held on
Friday, March 3rd, 2017 at Roseville Middle School. The Concert Band performs at 4:00pm
and the Symphonic Band performs at 6:55pm. Come on out and support your fellow Carter
On Monday, March 27, 2017, all bands (Cadet, Concert and Symphonic Bands) here at Carter
will be performing at the Carter Area Concert. This concert is held at Sterling Heights High
School in the Gym at 7:00pm. Attire is the band uniform.
6th and 7th student scheduling for the 2017-2018 school year starts on Monday, March 6 and I
highly recommend that ALL STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN BAND CONTINUE NEXT
YEAR. If you did not participate in band this year and are interested, please see Mr. Case
and sign up for band! Any parents with students in fifth grade this year or students that have
younger siblings that are in fifth grade this year, please encourage them to continue in band and
to be apart of this great legacy.
Please take time to visit the Carter Bands website for information, band calendar and constant
updates at http://carterbands.weebly.com/.
Go Cougar Bands!
Mr. Anthony Case
Director of Bands – Carter Middle School
(586) 825-2620 ext. 24109
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com
Parenting in the Digital Age Conference
Saturday, March 4th, 8am
44001 Garfield Road
Charter Township of Clinton, MI
8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Breakfast & Lunch included