Carter Middle School
Ms. Amy Hendry, Principal
February 2017 Newsletter
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
WCS- Career Prep Center (CPC) Open House!!!
Welcome Class of 2030!!!
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
Yearbook Club needs your help!!!!
If you have any pictures from Carter sporting events that you think would make good shots for the yearbook, please email your photos to Ms. Pekar at: email@example.com
Especially looking for boys 8th grade football, any photos you may have taken would be appreciated!!
Carter/ WCS District Writing Celebration Winners!!!
Tabassum Chowdhury- 7th grade
Terasia Elias- 8th grade
Jalen Whitfield- 8th grade
Carter Middle School Movie Night- "Miracle"
Thursday, Feb. 2nd, 6pm
12000 Masonic Boulevard
Pizza, pop, water, & snack will be available to purchase
Everyone is welcome!!!
Bring your own chairs or blankets to sit on.
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Jan 28, 2017- Carter Solo and Ensemble Sat at Rochester High School 7th and 8th grade
Feb 1, 2017- Science Tutoring in Room 205 During Lunch
Feb 2, 2017- Open Gym Basketball 7:00 AM (ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME)
Feb 2, 2017- Open Yoga- Fitness Room 7:00 AM (ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME)
Feb 2, 2017- Bagel Thursday $1.00 btwn 1st and 2nd hour
Feb 2, 2017- Card Club/ Anime Club Meeting- Room 408
Feb 2, 2017- Booster Club Movie Night- 6:00 PM Café (Movie- Miracle)
Feb 2, 2017- Dave & Buster’s Field Trip (10:30 am- 2:00pm)- Cookie Dough Fundraiser
Feb 6, 2017- Popcorn Monday- $1.00 in Main Lobby at dismissal
Feb 6, 2017- Jazz Band Room 109 (3:00-4:00 p.m.)
Feb 8, 2017- Count Day
Feb 8, 2017- Cousino Counselors are presenting HS Schedule cards to 8th grade students (2nd & 3rd Hours)
Feb 8, 2017- Science Tutoring in Room 205 During Lunch
Feb 8, 2017- Ecology Club Meeting Room 307 (2:50 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
Feb 9, 2017- Bagel Thursday $1.00 btwn 1st and 2nd hour
Feb 9, 2017- Card Club/ Anime Club Meeting- Room 408
Feb 10, 2017- Open Gym Basketball 7:00 AM (ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME)
Feb 10, 2017- Open Yoga- Fitness Room 7:00 AM (ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME)
Feb 13, 2017- Popcorn Monday- $1.00 in Main Lobby at dismissal
Feb 13, 2017- Jazz Band Room 109 (3:00-4:00 p.m.)
Feb 14, 2017- Booster Club Meeting 7 PM in Media Center
Feb 15, 2017- Science Tutoring in Room 205 During Lunch
Feb 15, 2017- Ecology Club Meeting Room 307 (2:50 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
Feb 16, 2017- Bagel Thursday $1.00 btwn 1st and 2nd hour
Feb 16, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs Grissom (@ HOME)
Feb 16, 2017- Book Club- Media Center (2:50-3:30 pm)
Feb 16, 2017- Card Club/ Anime Club Meeting- Room 408
Feb 16, 2017- Band Concert- Café
Feb 17, 2017- Open Gym Basketball 7:00 AM (ALL STUDENTS ARE WELCOME)
Feb 17, 2017- Half Day- 11:00 dismissal Hours 0,1,2,3
Feb 20-24, 2017- Winter Break/ No School
Feb 27, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs Carleton (@ HOME)
Feb 27, 2017- Popcorn Monday- $1.00 in Main Lobby at dismissal
March 1, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs Warren Woods (@ HOME)
March 2, 2017- NAEP Assessment
March 3, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs BEER (AWAY)
March 6, 2017- Girls Basketball Carter vs Roseville (@ HOME)
BOX TOPS CONTEST
Turn in box tops to your 1st hour teacher. Class with the most Box Tops will receive bagels and juice. Compliments of our Booster Club.
7th Grade Math- Fractions Operations Assessment Review
6th Grade Social Studies- Central America & Caribbean Brochures
7th Grade Math- Fractions Operations Assessment Review
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the ELA classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
212 the extra degree
Relay for Life Team
Join the Relay for Life Team and walk with us on June 10th at the Warren Civic Center. Here are the directions to sign up:
1. Google “Relay for life Warren”
2. Click on:
3. Click join this relay
4. Click create an account
5. Fill in your information
6. Our team name is: Princess Ember, Knight Ray and their Carter Cougars
7. Complete registration
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Once school has begun and is in progress, parents/guardians have the ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
Carter Band News:
Congratulations to the seventh and eighth grade students who participated in MSBOA District
XVI Solo and Ensemble Festival the last weekend in January. Each student was well prepared
and performed at a high level and earned either a first or second division rating. Keep up the
hard work and great musicianship!
The Carter Band Program will be finishing their annual Century Resources Fundraiser this
month. Order forms will be passed out the week of January 23, 2017 and the Order Forms
with Money are due February 13th, 2017. The product pick up place and time will be at
Carter Middle School, on March 7th, 8th, or 9th, 2017. Please consider taking part and
ordering from this great fundraiser as it helps out this fantastic band program.
In addition, the Carter Concert and Symphonic Bands are hard at work preparing for the 2017
Pre-Festival Concert, which will be held at Carter Middle School in the café on Thursday,
February 16, 2017 at 7:00p.m.
The Carter Concert Band and Symphonic Band has MSBOA District XVI District Band
Festival which will be held on Friday, March 3rd, 2017. More information to come.
On Monday, March 27, 2017, all bands (Cadet, Concert and Symphonic Bands) here at Carter
will be performing at the Carter Area Concert. This concert is held at Sterling Heights High
School in the Gym at 7:00pm. Attire is the band uniform.
Please take time to visit the Carter Bands website for information, band calendar and constant
updates at http://carterbands.weebly.com/
Go Cougar Bands!
Mr. Anthony Case
Director of Bands – Carter Middle School
(586) 825-2620 ext. 24109
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com
Parenting in the Digital Age Conference
Saturday, March 4th, 8am
44001 Garfield Road
Charter Township of Clinton, MI
8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Breakfast & Lunch included