FOLLOWING GOVERNOR WHITMER'S RECOMMENDATIONS. ALL WCS SCHOOLS AND PROGRAMS WILL CLOSE EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020.
VIRTUAL SPIRIT WEEK - Click below for details
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
4/6 thru 4/10 - Spring Break; NO SCHOOL
4/17 - RESCHEDULED Spring Picture Day (in am) - download the order form on the Carter website:
- Please reference the Carter website for detailed info regarding sports schedules:
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH - February/March
ELA - Luke S.
Soc Stud - Nicholas T.
Math - Alisa K.
Science - Angelious M.
Allied Arts - Brianna R.
ELA - Farhan H.
Soc Stud - Mea W.
Math - Abigail (Abi) B.
Science - Saif K.
Allied Arts - Angel S.
ELA - Madison B.
Soc Stud - Grace C.
Math - Herbert (Brick) S.
Science - Journee R.
Allied Arts - Michael K.
CONGRATULATIONS MS. GREENBLATT !!!!
DON'T MISS OUT!!! This is a trip of a lifetime!
Macomb Center for the Performing Arts 2020 Summer Workshops
Monday, July 6th, 8am
Macomb Center for The Performing Arts - Macomb Community College Center Campus
REGISTRATION OPENS SPRING 2020!
- Open to grades 1-12 held July 6 - 10
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOP
- Open to grades 7-12 held July 13 - 25
SHOW CHOIR WORKSHOP
- Open to grades 7-12 held July 26 - August 1
CHILDREN'S CHORUS WORKSHOP
- Open to grades 2-9 held August 17-21
CONTACT: Education & Outreach - email: ArtsEducation@macomb.edu or call 586.286.2044
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: www.wcskids.net/ParentPortal/
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
TITLE I NOTIFICATION
- Whether the teacher has met the state qualifications/licensing for their grade level/subjects.
- Whether the teacher is on a temporary permit or waiver.
- The teacher's majors, graduate certificates/degrees, and discipline fields.
- Paraprofessional services and qualifications.
Carter Middle School has been identified as a school-wide Title I, Part A building. This is a federally supplemented program designed to help children reach high academic standards. In receiving funds from this program the district has a requirement to inform you, as a parent of a child attending a Title I school, of information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher(s).
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com