UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
9/20 - Half Day - dismissal at 11:00 am
9/24 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
9/24 - New York Trip Mtg @ 5:30pm, rm 215
9/25 - Popcorn Sale (end of day - $1)
9/27 - Yearbook Club Meeting, rm 313 - 3:00 to 3:10pm
9/30 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/1 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/2 - COUNT DAY
10/2 - Popcorn Sale (end of day - $1)
10/4 - University t-shirt day
10/7 - Mobile Dentist, rm 111
10/7 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/8 - Mobile Dentist, rm 111
10/8 - Picture Make-ups
10/9 - Booster Club Mtg @ Nat'l Coney Island on Van Dyke (north of 12 mile)
10/11 - Half Day - dismissal at 11:00 am
10/14 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/15 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/17 - ALL SCHOOL Extravaganza 3 - 4pm
10/21 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/22 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/28 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
10/29 - Robotics, rm 401 (3-5pm)
11/9 - Euchre Night sponsored by Carter Boosters @ 6pm - Sterling Lanes (Private Room)
- Please reference the Carter website for detailed info regarding sports schedules:
LANGUAGE ARTS CLASS - What Are You Reading?
Just Like The Movies
A good read about new friendship and enough smile-worthy scenes to leave you with a happy feeling at the end of the book.
#1 New York Times bestselling, crime-biting canine who is part dog, part man, and ALL HERO! A new hero who digs into deception, claws after crooks, and rolls over robbers.
The Sisters Grimm
A series of children's fantasy/mystery novels by author Michael Buckely. A fairy tale detective series.
Just Like The Movies
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.
- Point out that there is no substitute for being in class. Your youngster needs to be present to hear teachers explain concepts, to participate in group projects and class discussions, and to ask questions.
- Schedule doctor, dentist, and orthodontist appointments before or after school hours whenever possible. If you can't, try to arrange them for lunchtime.
- It will be easier for your child to get up on time for school if he has had at least nine hours of sleep. Set a reasonable bedtime and make sure he puts away electronic devices so he isn't tempted to stay awake to read messages or play games.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com