Ms. Amy Hendry, Ed.S, Principal
How can students participate?
- "Choose Kind" Program will be introduced on 3/14/18 during Social Studies.
- Students will be challenged to complete 17 Random Acts of Kindness.
- Students will document each Random Act of Kindness on the form provided.
- Once completed, students will be required to write a reflection and get a parent's signature.
- Students will then turn in their form to the counseling office and will receive a "Choose Kind" T-shirt.
- Staff & Students will be wearing "Choose Kind" T-shirts on Friday's beginning 3/23/18.
- Visit Carter website for MORE DETAILS!!!!
5/7- Track @ Cousino vs Grissom
5/7 – Jazz Band 3 - 4
5/8- No School- Election Day
5/9- Booster Club 6:30PM Carter Media Center
5/9 – Percussion Ensemble 3 - 4
5/9 – Ecology Club 2:50 – 4
5/10- Track @ Cousino vs Beer
5/10 - ANIME & Card Club 3 – 4 ( Last Day of Card Club)
5/11 – Basketball Open Gym / Yoga (Fitness Room) 7:00 am
5/11- Ecology Club Field Trip to Detroit Zoo
5/14 – Jazz Band 3 - 4
5/15 – Drama Club 3 – 4:30
5/16 – Percussion Ensemble 3 – 4
5/16- Detroit Tiger Game- Math Day (Title I)
5/17- Track @ Cousino vs Carleton
5/18- Deadline for incoming 9th graders applying to Cousino Leadership Program
5/18 - Basketball Open Gym / Yoga (Fitness Room) 7:00 am
5/18- Honor Roll Celebration (cafe pm)
5/21- Track @ SHHS vs Roseville/Eppler
5/21- New York Parent Meeting at 6PM in Carter Media Center
5/21 – Jazz Band 3 - 4
5/22 – Drama Club 3 – 4:30
5/23 – Ecology Club 2:50 – 4
5/23 – Percussion Ensemble 3 – 45/24- WEB Field Trip
5/25- Half Day Hours 4,5,6 Memorial Weekend
5/28- No School
5/30- Track @ WMHS- Conference Invitational
5/30 – Spring Concert 7PM SHHS- PAC
6/1- ALL A Breakfast 8:15AM in Carter Cafe
6/1 - Basketball Open Gym / Yoga (Fitness Room) 7:00 am
6/2- 6/6- New York Trip
6/2- 6/5- Nashville Trip Band
6/6/18 – Ecology Club 2:50 - 4
6/7- SPA FINAL EXAM
6/8- SPA/Allied Arts FINAL EXAM
6/8 - Basketball Open Gym / Yoga (Fitness Room) 7:00 am
6/11- ELA/ Social Studies FINAL EXAM
6/12- Math/ Science FINAL EXAM
6/13- 8th Grade Farewell Dave & Buster's
6/14- Spanish World Cup
6/14 – Half day of School – All hours shortened – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Detroit Lions #6 Sam Martin & PowerHome Solar educate Carter on Renewable Energy
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
REMIND Text Message from Ms. Hendry, Principal
- To receive messages via text, text @carterco to (586) 649-3714. You can-opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @carterco'.
UNO Tournment Friday @ Carter
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
Carter student led group to encourage and support Anti-Bullying- #bestmeicanbe (Hash tag Best Me I Can Be).
- Motivation Monday Kick-Off activities in the Social Studies classes
- Encourage students to go 'the extra degree' at school, in their friendships and at home.
- ELA classes discussed examples of 'the extra degree'.
- PBIS student postcards
- Receive a ticket raffle for weekly drawing to receive an "extra" ala carte item in the lunchroom.
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com