UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
2/17 thru 2/21 - Winter Break; NO SCHOOL
2/24 - Popcorn Sale ($1/bag)
2/27 - MSBOA District 16 B and O Festival For Concert & Symphonic Bands - Times TBD
3/4 - Ecology Club, rm 310 (3:00 - 4:00pm)
3/5 - Incoming 6th Grade Parent/Student Orientation (Students & Parents/Guardians ONLY)
Carter Cafe from 6 - 7:30pm
3/6 - Half Day - Dismissal @ 11am
3/6 - FREE breakfast for all Carter students (see flyer below)
3/6 - KICK-OFF of Booster Club Cookie Dough/Entertainment Book Fundraiser
3/10 - NO SCHOOL; Election Day
3/12 - Half Day - Dismissal @ 11am - PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES 5:00 - 8:00pm
3/13 - Spring Picture Day (in am) - download the order form on the Carter website:
3/13 - 1st Turn-In for Booster Club Fundraiser
3/17 - 2nd Turn-In for Booster Club Fundraiser
3/18 - Ecology Club, rm 310 (3:00 - 4:00pm)
3/18 - 8th Grade Students & Parents Night (6:30 - 8:00pm) - SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW
3/19 - All School EXTRAVAGANZA (3:00 - 4:30pm)
3/20 - Last Turn-In for Booster Club Fundraiser
3/27 - Half Day - Dismissal @ 11am
4/3 - Half Day - Dismissal @ 11am
4/6 thru 4/10 - Spring Break; NO SCHOOL
- Please reference the Carter website for detailed info regarding sports schedules:
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH - January
ELA - Syed A.
Soc Stud - Brayden D.
Math - Anika B.
Science - Gresa L.
Allied Arts - Emily S.
ELA - Jeremy H.
Soc Stud - Nevaeh P.
Math - Parker W.
Science - Katherine A.
Allied Arts - Maggie S.
ELA - Riley P.
Soc Stud - Sophia C.
Math - Easton J.
Science - Charlotte M.
Allied Arts - Veronica F.
Demonstrating the conservation of energy through changes between gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy
- To access our website, please go to: www.wcskids.net/CARTER/
- Our website includes links to classroom webpages, daily announcements, parent resources, building and district information, the Carter monthly newsletter, and much more!
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.
Carter Booster Club Facebook page
(From your web browser)
(From the search function within Facebook app)
Carter's Counselor Corner:
Mrs. Wilking- students with last name (A-L)
(586) 698- 4297
Mrs. Stabile- student with last name (M-Z)
(586) 698- 4798
Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
- Ability to view student grades, attendance, etc., using PowerSchool from the WCS website: http://wcskids.net.
- IF YOU ARE A NEW USER: Go to the ‘Parents/ Students’ section, then click on the ‘Parent Portal’ link. Here you can “activate” the portal. You will need your child’s student ID number, birth date, address, your name, your email, and agree to the terms of the site.
- Once submitted, within a few minutes you will receive a user name and password. With that information you can access Parent Portal.
- You DO NOT need to reactivate your parent portal password each school year.
- Your prior password will remain in effect while your student is in attendance in a WCS school.
TITLE I NOTIFICATION
- Whether the teacher has met the state qualifications/licensing for their grade level/subjects.
- Whether the teacher is on a temporary permit or waiver.
- The teacher's majors, graduate certificates/degrees, and discipline fields.
- Paraprofessional services and qualifications.
Carter Middle School has been identified as a school-wide Title I, Part A building. This is a federally supplemented program designed to help children reach high academic standards. In receiving funds from this program the district has a requirement to inform you, as a parent of a child attending a Title I school, of information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher(s).
- Free and Reduced Meal Application forms can be completed online at the following website: www.lunchapp.com. Parents are encouraged to use the online process in order to expedite processing time.
- Pre-payments can be made to your student’s account. This school year a minimum pre-payment of $20 will be required. WCS offers to you, FREE OF CHARGE, a pre-payment plan using your Visa or Master Card. To set up an account, please go online to: www.sendmoneytoschool.com