Information for Parents and Students Updated Each Friday
April 26, 2019
We Want You! 2 B a P2P Investor!
- Legislative Roundup--House Bill 3 would put $6.3 billion into Texas public schools and $2.7 billion into property tax reform. Soon, it will be heading to the full House for review. A recent update on House Bill 3 is available here, and you can find out who represents you here. Please stay up on what’s happening in the Texas Legislature, and take action by making your voice heard this session.
- KISD Pentathlon: Klein Intermediate Takes First Place!--Learn more about our dedicated students who competed in this rigorous district-wide academic challenge.
Student schedule verification forms are being given to students on Wednesday May 1st and due back to their Social Studies teacher Monday May 6th. If a student does not turn in their verification form, they will not be allowed to participate in the End of the Year party that is taking place on the last day of school. The last day to make schedule changes is May 24th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Congratulations, to the art teachers and students for outstanding contest results. The contest is sponsored by the Pearl Fincher Museum. Open attachment to view results.
Here is a link if anyone would like additional information about the museum. https://www.pearlmfa.org/
Here is a link to all of the 2019 award recipients. https://www.pearlmfa.org/uploads/5/1/2/0/51200989/sac2019_winnerslist.pdf
CONGRATULATIONS - All A Honor Roll & All A/B Honor Roll!
The Q3 Honor Roll list is posted on the wall across from the 6th grade office.
The book fair will be held in the library from April 29 through May 3, 2019.
Parents have been sent a letter if we do not yet have a proof of immunizations needed for 7th grade. Please contact the clinic with any questions or concerns. (832-249-5678 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important Information: Student Arrival Time
Students are not allowed in the building before 8 AM unless they have a pass for a specific teacher, date and time.
If a student arrives at school before 8 AM they will need to wait in front until the building is open.
We wish we could allow all students in upon their arrival, but there have been some issues with students roaming the building before 8 AM. It is not safe to allow this to continue and we need your help with this matter.
MEMORY BOOKS: •Order your memory book now online at YBPay.lifetouch.com. The ID Code is 6612419. The cost is $35. Sales are online only!
Notes from the Crossing Guards to Cut Down on Traffic
2. Please do NOT pick up students in the middle of the road. They are running across traffic. This is dangerous and is holding up other cars.
3. When pulling onto or out of Warrior Way, do not block the crosswalk.
4. Please be present when driving around children. Watch for students at crosswalks, drive through crosswalks cautiously, knowing that students aren't paying attention.
5. Please follow the speed limits. School zones are 20 MPH max.....
6. Please tell your child that all students need to completely get off of their bikes and scooters when walking through a crosswalk.
Basic Doerre Information
Food and Drinks
We understand that there are exceptions and that there may be someone with a medical condition that needs quick access to a snack or a drink, this is not the issue.
Water bottles are okay, everyone needs an occasional drink....as long as they have a screw on top and are securely stored inside of backpacks. This water may not be taken out in classrooms if a teacher does not allow it or in hallways. The water may also not be out around any Chromebooks due to insurance purposes.
Thank you so much for your help in this!