June 1, 2018
SAVE HY-VEE RECEIPTS FOR MCKINLEY
How is the Money Spent?
Money from the Hy-Vee Cash 4 Student program is used towards purchasing items for the bear paw store. For those new to McKinley, we believe in acknowledging students for exemplifying the BEAR way. Our positive acknowledgement system centers on the use of BEAR paws. Students can use BEAR paws for various incentives including pizza parties on Friday’s as well as purchasing items at the BEAR paw store.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF STUDENTS ENTERING THE 7TH GRADE
The state immunization rules require:
- Student entering 7th Grade (if born after September 15, 2000) – 1 dose of Tdap vaccine
- Students entering 7th Grade (if born after September 15, 2004) – 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine
If your student has not received these vaccines they need to get them before the first day of school in August. Contact your health care provider or Linn County Public Health to have your student get these required immunizations.
6TH GRADE ACADEMY - AUGUST 1 AND AUGUST 2
CLICK HERE to read invitation letter.
CLICK HERE for registration form.
You can drop off, fax (558-2347), or scan/e-mail form to email@example.com.
Each year nearly 13,000 area students receive free and reduced meals at school. These children often go without 3 full meals a day during the summer.
The Summer Food Service Program, or Summer Meals, provides free meals to any child 18 or younger at seven area locations. Summer Meals Volunteers pick up meals from Horizons, deliver to a site, and distribute the meals to the children, making sure the site operates in accordance with USDA guidance and requirements.
The Neighborhood Meals & Enrichment Program also serves at St. Paul’s UMC (1340 3rd Ave. SE) daily to children, families and people of any age. Meals served M-F 12-1pm. The SPRINT program of enrichment is also available. The site operates in accordance with USDA guidelines and requirements.
Kids 18 and Under can receive free meals at the following sites from June 5-August 22
• Cedar Terrace, 1834 Gretchen Dr SW (off 16th Avenue near Stoney Point)
• Cedar Valley Townhomes, 3000 J St SW
• Five Seasons Mobile Homes, 3421 Blairs Ferry Rd NE (west of Walmart)
• Hiawatha Public Library, 150 W Willman St in Hiawatha
• Johnson School, 355 18th St SE
• Kirkwood Estates, 615 Miller Ave Dr SW (near US-30 and Kirkwood Blvd)
• Marion Public Library, 1095 Sixth Ave in Marion