April 3, 2022
Happy Sunday Harrington Families
I hope everyone is doing well. April is here! This month will be by very fast, with both vacation and MCAS to plan for, for 3rd and 4th grade. Students and staff are doing well as we push through to the end of the year. Not to jinx myself, or get ahead of myself, but I am looking forward to starting the next school year with zero restrictions for the first time in two years. Keep on supporting your student(s) the way you have been, they are working hard each and every day navigating their academic and social skills that were somewhat put on hold for over a year.
As a standard message, your support at home is recognized, valued, and appreciated by not only us, but by your child(ren).
- Remind your child every day to be kind. We are all capable of being kind regardless of our individual differences. Promoting a kind environment is important throughout a child’s day both at school and at home.
- Communicate the importance of education to your children. Each child should find time to read at home every day for enjoyment. Engage in dialogue about your child’s school day by asking open-ended questions.
- Encourage play and physical activity. Limit television during the school week and keep your children away from electronics and social media for entertainment purposes.
- Focus your encouragement on the process of hard work and effort, rather than the end result. We want students to learn to work hard and try their best always.
- Establish good routines at home that involve a consistent bedtime. A well-rested child is a happier, more successful child.
- We are a team and partners in your child’s success here at school. Communicate with us often.
Once again, remember to…"Push through your day, Smile, Be Happy, Stay Positive!"
Be safe! Stay well!
Rob & Karen
March Math Madness
Congratulations to all the students at Harrington that worked so hard to practice their math facts every day during the month of March. The entire school practiced for a total of 54,253 minutes surpassing our original goal of 40,000 minutes! Thank you to the families for your continued support with such an important learning goal. All the teachers at Harrington are very proud of our students and all that they have learned. Keep up the great work and keep having fun with math at home!
Let's Stay Connected!
Our next meeting will be held this Wednesday 4/6 online and in-person in the Harrington Library at 6:30pm. Please join us! We will post a link to our Facebook page that day for all who wish to join remotely.
The Read-a-Thon is officially underway! We kicked it off on Friday night with a free book grab in the gym which was a big hit! We saw lots of happy faces (pictured below) and we thank you for attending. Best of luck to all students with their reading and fundraising goals! We can’t wait to give out some prizes!
We are three days into our calendar raffle and congratulate Iain Carrick on winning a $50 Hannaford gift card, Heather and Wayne Weikel for winning a $25 Center Sports gift card and Corey Sullivan on winning a $50 Touchstone Crystal jewelry gift card. We are announcing winners everyday on our Facebook page so make sure you’re following us and have notifications turned on!