A Look Ahead to the Week
8th Grade Transition Meeting
There is a very important meeting for parents of 8th graders on Tuesday night in the auditorium at 6:30 p.m. Students and parents should attend. Students should bring their orange preliminary registration form with them. This will be the meeting for high school registration, diploma selection, and class selection for your freshman year.
Good Luck - Postseason Events
Penny War - Special Olympics
The Polar Plunge Team is hosting a penny war in the library for high schoolers and in Mrs Weyer's room for junior high schoolers. Pennies are positive for your own grade and silver coins and dollar bills go in other grades' jars. The penny war lasts from February 1-11to help raise money for Special Olympics Perry County.
From snow days to snooze days
- This may be obvious, but keep a decent sleeping schedule (I enjoy going to bed around 10:00 or 10:30 on school nights).
- Exercise regularly. This doesn't mean you have to go out and run a mile every day. Just do some pushups or jumping jacks before you go to bed.
- Keep the bright lights off before you go to sleep. In the few hours before you're about to turn it in for the day try to only look at dim lights.
- Get your homework done early. Your brain needs time to wind down before going to sleep and something as stressful as homework will keep you awake and aware for a while.
- Do something relaxing before you go to bed. Drink some warm milk or tea, read a book, pet a cat. Do whatever you can to stay calm.
Bad Joke of the Week
(not so) IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Due to me being a horribly unfunny and unoriginal person, I will be looking up the "worst puns in the world" and using them for the joke of the week for the rest of the year. This can only be stopped by people sending in jokes for me to share on the minute. You have been warned...
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, February 01
Tuesday, February 02
- Freshman registration night in auditorium at 6:30
- Girls Basketball Sectional vs. Perry Central (at Forest Park) at 5:30pm
Wednesday, Febrary 03
Thursday, February 04
- Homeroom Meetings: Polar Bear plunge - room 619, Hacky sack - PE gym, Pep club - auditorium, Robotics - room 614
- HS Girls Swimming Sectional Prelims at Jasper
Friday, February 05
- Washington DC payment for February in office
- Deadline to register for March 5 SAT at Tell City
- Archery Contest in PE Gym
- HS Girls Basketball Sectional Round 2 at Forest Park
Saturday, February 06
- Archery Contest in PE Gym
- HS Girls Swimming Sectional Finals at Jasper
- Wrestling Regional at Evansville
- V/JV boys basketball vs Mater Dei at 2:00
- HS Girls Basketball Sectional Finals at Forest Park
Sunday, February 07
Menu (February 1-5)
- Breakfast - Cinnamon toast, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese sandwich, carrot & celery w/ dip, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Cheese omelet, bacon, toast, juice/milk
- Lunch - Ravioli, green beans, lettuce wedge, bread stick, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Blueberry muffin, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Country fried steak w/gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, wheat bread, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Breakfast pizza, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Sausage, biscuits & gravy, hash browns, juice, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Pancakes w/syrup, sausage, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Ranch chicken wrap, french fries, lettuce/tomato, cookies, fruit/milk
Bad Joke answer
Dachshund through the snow.
If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make it onto the Minute!