Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, June 2, 2022
MESSAGE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Families,
As the school year winds down, I am reflective of how far we came this year. All of us. The resilience of our community through so many transitions has been a positive aspect of this school year. While it was not always easy or comfortable, we managed to keep our school doors open all year long. So grateful for that. We have also been able to fold in some traditional elements of Totem Falls life; Raven Racers, popcorn day, and the science fair to name a few. Next week’s PTO Art Walk and the all-school field day on Friday will continue to illustrate that we are glad to celebrate student work and a successful school year.
As I begin to plan for next year, I look forward to a continued return to normality.
FROM THE NURSE-MEDICATION PICK-UP
Important information if your student has a health care plan and or medication at school:
- Medications must be picked up on the last day your student attends school. Pick-up will be the end of school day on Friday, June 17th at 1:15pm or Monday, June 20th at 11:45am. Medications can not be sent home with students and any medications left after June 22nd will have to be destroyed as we are prohibited from holding them over the summer. If you are unable to pick up on the above dates there will be staff in the building during school hours June 21st and 22nd.
- Students with health care plans will have their paperwork for next year sent home with them within the next week. Included will be all the forms for next year that will need parent’s and medical provider’s signatures. Summer is a great time to catch up on any doctor visits and renew any prescriptions that are needed for next year. Appointments in August fill up quickly so to avoid any last minute rush it’s best to schedule appointments early.
We hope your families have a fun, sunny and safe summer!
Mary Mellis, RN and Heather Nichols, HRA
LOST & FOUND
ALL LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE
Please return your ALL library books during library class starting NEXT TUESDAY, June 7-13!
All students that turn in their library books ON TIME, will be entered in a BOOK RAFFLE to win a FREE BOOK!
KID'S BOOK SHARE...BOOKS DUE Next Friday, JUNE 10
We are excited to announce Totem Fall's first ever KID'S BOOK SHARE. Families can bring in 1-5 GENTLY USED or NEW BOOKS by NEXT FRIDAY, JUNE 10 to share with other TF students. On June 15, every TF student will have a chance to select at least one book to keep and read for the summer. Thanks for helping us share the love of reading! See flyer below for more details!
OUR LIBRARY IS OPEN THIS SUMMER!!!
TF students and incoming kindergartners, come CHECK OUT BOOKS with us this summer on WEDNESDAYS, July 6-August 17 from 9:00am to 11:00am. Students must be accompanied by an adult.
FROM THE MUSIC ROOM
The Totem Falls 5th Graders have been working hard at learning ukulele this year. They are proud to present a collection of songs they have learned and recorded. Click the link to watch their concert performance.
ART WALK & AUCTION
Hello Totem Falls Families!
We are SO excited to be bringing back the ART WALK on June 9th at 6pm at Totem Falls. This will be a wonderful family event to come and walk the school with our Totem Falls community and see the creative collections from the classrooms. To make this event a success, we need your help!
Each grade is putting together a basket to be auctioned off via silent auction that evening. There will be a staff basket as well as some additional items to bid on as well.
Where we need your help is filling those baskets! We have set up Amazon Wishlists/Idea Lists for you to use as a guide. It is okay to purchase items locally or through a different source, we just ask that it fits in one of the themes. Creativity is welcome!
If you purchase separately, please reach out to email@example.com to arrange drop off or pick up of your donation.
All items are DUE NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JUNE 6th!
See links below by grade. Thank you SO much for your continued support and look forward to seeing you there! If you purchase through Amazon, please be sure to use Amazon Smile so we get additional funds to support our wonderful school!
Your Totem Falls Parent Teacher Organization
*Totem Falls PTO is a a non-profit and our 501(c)(3) 91-1573054. All donations are tax deductible. Please reach out if you require a procurement form.
Totem Falls offers the EduKit program as a convenient option for busy families to order
school supplies for the 2022/2023 year. A portion of the proceeds will directly benefit
Totem Falls PTO! These kits are filled with the EXACT supplies requested by our
teachers. Thank you for your order (and supporting our school).
Order by by June 15, 2022 for best pricing and free shipping.
MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD'S IMMUNIZATIONS ARE UP TO DATE
It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
$30 AFFORADABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM PLAN FOR FAMILIES
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is offering eligible households high speed internet (100Mbps download) for $30 a month with no additional out of pocket costs.
There are three ways families can qualify:
- Income of 200% or less than the federal poverty guidelines
- Program participation (such as Free Reduced Lunch Program eligible, or SNAP, etc.), or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program
What families need to know about this new ACP opportunity:
For those that meet the eligibility requirements:
- $30 guaranteed plan download speed of 100 Mbps
- 20 providers to choose from
- New or existing internet plans
- Three ways to qualify
If I am approved for ACP and currently on an internet service plan with a provider, can I switch to a different internet service plan of that provider, including to that provider’s low-cost plan, and receive the ACP benefit?
- Yes. The ACP benefit can be applied to any internet service offering, and providers cannot restrict you from switching service offerings or subject you to mandatory waiting periods. Sometimes providers prohibit existing customers from switching to low-cost internet service plans; however, consumers receiving the ACP benefit are not subject to these “existing customer” restrictions.
What happens if my provider has eligibility requirements for an internet service plan that conflict with ACP rules? (e.g. My provider requires that I pay off my past debts before signing up for XYZ internet service plan)
- ACP rules override the rules of participating providers in the context of an ACP consumer. For instance, a provider may generally require that consumers pay off past or present debts before signing up for XYZ internet service plan. However, consumers who are approved to receive ACP benefits are not subject to that requirement (since the ACP rules prohibit providers from declining to enroll ACP consumers based on past or present debts).
Note: The ACP rules clearly allow ACP consumers to apply their benefit to any internet service offering that is generally available (i.e. not a grandfathered/legacy plan) and prohibit mandatory waiting periods (47 CFR 54.1808(e)(6)(iii)) and restrictions on switching plans (Para. 166 of the Report and Order).
DISTRICT-APPROVED COMMUNITY FLIERS
- Blood Drive - June 6-8
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Youth Summer Tennis Camp
- Grizzly Open Youth Tennis Tournament - August 18-21
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- Mariners Grand Slam Camps - July 11-14
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish High School Panther Youth Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - May 2022
2021-2022 School Year
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release at 11:45)
2022-2023 School Year
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Craig Church, Principal
Tiffany Bidne, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Jordan, Main Office Secretary
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.