Pine Road Express
Pine Road Grows Great Kids
January 16, 2020
- A MESSAGE FROM DR. SWANK -
Dear Pine Road Families,
Happy New Year! I hope that the winter break afforded you an opportunity to relax and spend time with those that you love. We are so pleased that our students are back with us at Pine Road and we are eager to make 2020 our best year yet!
A new year is a great time to reflect on what has occurred throughout the first part of the academic year and make some goals for that which remains. Now is as good of a time as any to talk with your child(ren) about some personal and academic goals for the balance of the school year.
Together, we can work to facilitate a community in which our children can thrive and move closer to reaching their fullest potential and accomplishing that which they dream.
On Monday, January 20th, there is no school. However, I hope that you will join us for our third annual MLK Day of Service Event. Information can be found HERE.
Don't forget to RSVP to one of the Pine Road VIP Events!
Please take a look at our Diversity Committee Newsletter.
Brian J. Swank, Ed.D.
MLK Day of Service
9:00-12:00 at Pine Road
Pine Road VIP Events
Dates to Remember
- January 20: MLK Day of Service at Pine Road (No school)
- January 28: Early Dismissal Day (12:10 PM)
- January 28: Sushiman High School PTA fundraiser
- January 29: Final day to RSVP for Pine Road VIP Events
- January 30: All Chorus Night at LMHS (7:00 PM)
- January 31: Art Event: Please sign-up online and select pottery piece and pay via PayPal https://www.lmtsd.org/Page/13004
- February 4: PTA Meeting at 9:15 in the staff lunchroom
- February 10: Cookie decorating social for students in grades 2 & 3
- February 18: School Board Meeting at 7:00 PM (Pine Road Gym)
- February 21: Family Bingo Night - Save the date!
Pine Road HighLights
Artists hard at work in Ms. Drissel's art class!
First graders solving problems in the STEM Innovation Lab!
K students love settling in with their favorite books!
Reminder: You must have clearances to join us during the school day
Attention: Parents and Guardians of Fifth Grade Students
- We are always happy to see new faces and meet new people, if you would like to volunteer at one (or more) of our PTA events, click here to see what is available https://www.lmtsd.org/Page/9469
- Please check the lost and found to see if you can find any of your child's items, we have a growing pile of coats, hats, water bottles, lunch bags and more.
- Keep sending in Box Tops. We are still accepting the clipped ones. If you haven't yet, get the app and scan your receipts https://www.boxtops4education.com/
Service Learning Projects
We are excited to be joining TREX for the Plastic Film Recycling Program. Don’t miss this opportunity to rid your house of plastic shopping bags. Collection boxes are located in the lobby and halls of Pine Road School.
News from the cafeteria
Breakfast and Lunch menus are posted on a new interactive website, Nutrislice. Our innovative and interactive site and mobile app make our school menus more convenient and informative than ever before! Download the Nutrislice App from the App Store or get it on Google Play and then search Lower Moreland.
Food sold during the school day is required to meet nutrition standards and are referred to as Smart Snacks. Smart Snacks encourage students to make healthier snack choices to help give them the nutrition they need to grow and learn. Check out the 2019-2020 price list for the list of snacks we serve in the cafeteria.
Pine Road will have a special visitor on Thursday, January 23rd from Molly the Cow, The Nutrition Group's Mascot. During lunch, she will be sharing a "Moo-ving" message about the importance of calcium. We will also have special dairy treats including fruit smoothies!
Home Access Center
HAC enables you to view your student's registration, attendance, report card, progress report, classwork, and scheduling information.