Kutz Cougar Chronicles
from Dr. Kahley
REMINDER – REGISTRATION FOR NEXT YEAR – STARTS NOW!
Kindergarten students need to be registered ASAP. Please tell your friends and neighbors. Spread the word. Early registration helps with future planning and contributes to more accurate class size allocations.
If you have an incoming First Grader (not a student who presently attends Kutz) – He or she must be registered NOW!
Kutz Kindergarten/New Student Orientation is on May 30, 2013. Mark your calendar if you have an incoming student.
INFORMATION ABOUT CLASS PLACMENT FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Central Bucks School District School Board Briefs
At the February 26, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Jazz West performance before the school board meeting.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about the Naviance Report from Michael Curtis, Counselor at CB West, and Taryn Barrett, Counselor at CB South.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report and Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved School Board Minutes.
5. Approved Treasurer’s Report.
6. Approved contract with Public Financial Management (PFM) for Financial Advisor Services as the District looks to restructure its debt.
7. Tabled School Board Policy 806 – Child Student Abuse so that proposed policy can be posted on-line and discussed at appropriate committee meetings.
8. Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff workshops.
9. Received the Semi-Annual Rating of Elementary and Secondary Temporary Professional Employees
At the March 12, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Holicong Select String Ensemble performance before the school board meeting.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s State of the District presentation and the I.U. Board Committee Report.
3. Approved School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Aramark Contract extension and the Water Tank Hydrostatic Coating Contract for Gayman Elementary School.
5. Approved School Board Policy 806 – Child Student Abuse.
6. Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff workshops.
7. Received a Sabbatical Leave of Absence and the Board Calendar as information items.
kutz pssa schedule
Reading & Math, Grades 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th- April 8th through April 15th
Science, Grade 4 - April 23rd through April 24th
This year, Kutz will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
April: #25 Reading for Pleasure. Young person reads for pleasure most days of the week, either alone, with family members, or with friends.
May: #40 Positive View of Personal Future. Young person is optimistic about his or her own future and strives to reach his/her goals. They have hopes, dreams, enthusiasm and plans. He/she demonstrates strong efforts to achieve their goals, whatever they might be.
morning drop off for students!
Please remember students are not permitted to be dropped off at Kutz until 8:30AM unless they are registered in the Before Care Program or scheduled for a special activity with a teacher.
For safety and security reasons, children will not be permitted into the building until 8:30AM when a teacher or aid opens the front lobby door.
A LOOK Ahead at KUTZ
21 IRUN4LIFE Starts 3:45 - 5:00
22 Flyers Day!
22 EARLY DISMISSAL 12:10PM, No AM-K, PM-K attends in AM
28 Staff Development/Conferences/NO SCHOOL
29 Good Friday/SCHOOL HOLIDAY
1 - 2 NO Kindergarten/Additional K Conferences
8 - 15 PSSA Reading and Math Grades 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
10 H&S Meeting, 9:15 AM
12 End of 3rd Marking Period
12 Kutz Spirit Day-Blue/White or Kutz Gear
19 Report Cards Distributed
23-24 PSSA Science 4th Grade
26 Kutz Spirit Day-Blue/White or Kutz Gear
National Nutrition Month Month Poster Contest
The Rockin' Tale of Snow White
Represented Kutz at the Regional Spelling Bee
Won the Kutz Geography Bee
Giving to the Buck-Up Bucks Campaign
Congratulations to the following:
Kanishk Nazareth for winning the Kutz Elementary Geography Bee.
Gabi Lamb for representing us at the Regional Spelling Bee.
The Faculty, Staff and Students for collecting over $500 for the Buck-Up Bucks Campaign to help the Homeless Shelter in Bristol.
The 100 students and over a dozen faculty members who participated in or helped out with our school play - The Rockin Tale of Snow White.
Our 3rd graders for having completed The New and Improved Third Grade Assessment.
Our 6th graders for having almost completed the 6th Grade Assessment.