The Paw Print
Weekly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of October 25th
A message from Mrs. Lucas
We are looking forward to a busy, fun week! Below are the linked flyers for the various events taking place.
One safety reminder:
- At arrival and dismissal, there is NO left turn out of our parking lot. Please be sure you are turning right and using an alternating pattern if the second lane has cars exiting. Additionally, if parents and students could avoid parking on the street in front of the school and NOT crossing the exit lane, that would be incredibly helpful. All students and families should be walking on the far sidewalk on Brookhaven and crossing at the kindergarten crosswalk. Thank you for keeping everyone safe!
Red Ribbon Week is this week. See this flyer for each day's theme for dress up. Remember that all attire must be appropriate for school.
Our school Book Fair is this week as well and students may shop after school, in the MPR, from 2:15-3:15 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Everyone MUST have a mask when inside the MPR. The Book Fair will also be open on Thursday evening during our Fall Festival!
Fall Festival is Thursday evening from 5:30-7:30 pm. Students may wear their Halloween costume and we will have a Trunk or Treat in our parking lot off of Bastanchury. We are looking forward to a fun, family evening. Remember, this is NOT a drop and go event. All students must have a parent or guardian in attendance. Again, masks must be worn when shopping in the Book Fair.
Halloween Dress Up Guidelines
Additionally, students can choose to participate in our Pumpkin Decorating Contest on Friday, 10.29. They will bring their ALREADY decorated pumpkin to school on Friday morning. They will be directed where to place it when they arrive. Pumpkins should be NO larger than a youth basketball and your child MUST be able to carry it on their own.
Volunteers on Campus
Brookhaven PTA News
A huge shout out and thank you to our PTA Board and chairpersons as we head into a fun and eventful week this week! Our sixth grade chairs, Kim Rhodes and Andrea Tierney, and parents have been diligently planning and working to make our Fall Festival successful. Jessica Ruggles and team have prepared a fun RRW week and decorated campus to remind our students to make healthy choices today and always! We had our first Bear Hug store last Friday and Caroline Nam and Denise Broadwater worked, along with the help of some awesome upper grade student leaders, to let our students spend their Bear Hugs! Mr. Charlton continues to be a huge support on campus, helping to direct cars in our valet lines every morning! We are grateful for his support and dedication!
We continue to thank ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
- October 28th - Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat ... click here to see the flyer that was sent home
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have a new PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 25th-29th - Red Ribbon Week & BOOK FAIR
- October 28th - Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat!
- October 29th - Costume Day and class parties
- November 5th - MINIMUM DAY, K-6 release at 12:45, TK is all Early Bear
- November 8th - PTA Mtg, 7 pm MPR
- Week of November 15th - Parent Conference Week
- November 19th - Non-Student Day
Attendance and Health Reminders
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.