Week of October 12
Ad Cab Recap-October 7th
- CSIP Update-All teams are moving into second goal team meeting the next two weeks to align community priorities.
- Policy AC Training
- Ideas I liked from best practices from communication (PBIS strategy of the week, 24/7 feedback tool, Tiger Treasures for staff to brag on one another)
- BSIP share out session-each building shared goals and updates
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team-books study and processing activity
- District and Building APR Update-I cannot share this information at this time, but I will share it with you all soon...stay tuned
- R Drive Scavenger Hunt into curriclulum
The Leader in Me
In thinking about teaching our learners to "Begin with the End in Mind" I came across a great writing lesson. Students write persuasive letters to the college of their choice to get the college to recruit them. It has a GREAT mentor text...one of my favorites Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. If you want to read more about this lesson, go to the following link: http://www.lessonplandiva.com/2012/05/it-is-never-too-early-to-start-thinking.html
The Leader in Me
A Week at a Glance
Announcement Helpers: Mrs. Steven's ClassMonday, October 12: Sweeny Spirit Wear Day
Tuesday, October 13: 8:30 SPED Staffing; 8:30 Bus Evacuation Drills; 2:30 Counselor/Admin Mtg;
Wednesday, October 14: Papa Johns Night; Jordan Valley Flu Shot Clinic
Thursday, October 15: 10:15 Earthquake Drill; Gift of Time
Friday, October 16: 8:45 Beth meets with Dr. Pearce; 2:30 Weekly Release
October Quote of the Month
Gift of Time
When: October 15th
Time: Kindergarten-2nd Grade 8:45 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
3rd-5th Grade 2:00-3:15 p.m.
Kindergarten & 1st grade-morning recess duty covered
Fifth grade-recess will be directly after lunch
2nd-4th grade-your recesses will be the same time as usual and will be covered
Be sure to thank Vickie Beasley, Stacey Judson, Sandy Colson, Hilary Logsdon and Paula Ayres for their help and assistance on this day too!!
Together is better...thank you for keeping our spaces clean and organized!
Sweeny Diner/Staff Lounge-SPED
Literacy Library-Office Team