ICEF Weekly Newsletter
April 10, 2016
For the Week of April 11 - April 15
Arts Month is upon us!
April 21 - Instructional Specialists Meeting (Tentative, may be canceled due to testing)
April 20 - Cadre Meeting
Focus for the Week - CAASPP!!
- How comfortable are our students with using technology?
- How focused are our students?
- How have we set them up for success?
Take notes of the testing process and use them to reflect upon how we can improve. And as always, if you need support, please reach out to David, Marie, or Ryan!
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- MS and HS - Please have your ELA teachers complete the secondary ELA survey by Friday, April 15.
- Directors - Please continue the process for the LCAP Annual Update. (Refer to the Timeline of Activities that Marie sent on Friday). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Marie or Ryan!
- On April 19, LAUSD COP office is hosting an Administrator 102 training for administrators in their second year. If you need help understanding SPED, please register! HTTP://GOO.GL/FORMS/371YFOIKG2
- EdSurge is hosting another Free Conference for Educators. Engage with other educators and find out how technology can be a better tool for the classroom. Click here for more information: https://www.edsurge.com/e/summits/los-angeles-tech-for-schools-summit-2016/overview.
- The Los Angeles County Office of Education
in collaboration with The Sacramento County Office of Education
and the Power of Democracy Steering Committee are proud to present the California Civic Learning Statewide Showcase, Saturday, April 30, 2016. Students, educators, and community members are invited to this very special showcase event to see what schools are doing to institutionalize civic learning to prepare ALL students for civic life in the 21st century. Click here to register for the one in Los Angeles: http://lacoe.k12oms.org/1537-111314.
- Tickets for Beauty and the Beast and Beauty Within, the Visual Arts Show, are now on sale! Click on the following link or the lnk below! Get them before they sell out! http://www.itsmyseat.com/ERT/index.html
Celebrations and Worth Noticing -
- Shout out to Directors for another productive Directors' Meeting! Here's to establishing PLCS!
- Kudos to our IT team for spending all of Spring Break preparing our Google ChromeBooks and all other technology for our new instructional programs and for testing! We know it wasn't easy!
- Shout out to Jackie Cohen for keeping our focus on Physical Fitness as we prepare next year's LCAP's!