You should become an Tiger Today!!!
Reasons you should come to our college
LSU is the flagship institution of the state of Louisiana and is one of only 21 universities nationwide holding land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant status.
Since 1860, LSU has served the people of Louisiana, the region, the nation, and the world through extensive, multipurpose programs encompassing instruction, research, and public service. The University brings in more than $120 million annually in outside research grants and contracts, a significant factor for the Louisiana economy.
Other Reasons LSU is the place you need to be
- National Prominence LSU is ranked in the TOP TIER of “Best National Universities” by a prestigious US News & World Report publication
- Academic Excellence LSU offers more than 235 academic fields of study through 10 senior colleges and schools, in addition to specialized centers, divisions, institutes, and offices
- Affordability LSU continuously stands as the most affordable university amongst its peers
- Vibrant Social Life LSU is home to over 250 student organizations–there is something to suit everyone’s interests!
- Research Leadership LSU is the flagship institution of the state of Louisiana and is one of only 21 universities nationwide holding land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant status
- Student Fellowship LSU is one of the country’s most popular universities among high school students, according to U.S. News & World Report. In the publication’s recently released list of Most Popular Colleges: National Universities, LSU was ranked 16th, based on the percentage of applicants accepted by a university who end up enrolling at that institution
- Beautiful Surroundings LSU campus, with approximately 250 principal buildings and 50 species of trees, was named one of the most beautiful campuses in America in Thomas Gaines’ The Campus as a Work of Art
- Cultural Location LSU in Baton Rouge, the capital of Louisiana, is in the center of Cajun and Creole culture, close to New Orleans, the birthplace of American Jazz, Mardi Gras, and the French Quarter, and within driving distance to Florida beaches and Houston, Texas.
- Diversity LSU is home to students representing every state in the USA as well as over 120 different countries
- Athletics LSU has one of the most successful athletic programs in the nation, and annually competes for conference, regional and national championships in most varsity sports. Since the beginning of LSU Athletics in 1893, Tiger sports teams have won 43 national championships in nine different sports