News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - September 25, 2020
Wednesday, September 28th: CBSD Closed - Yom Kippur
Tuesday, September 29th: Tuesday, September 29 will be a 100% online asynchronous learning day for ALL students. Teachers will post assignments and classwork in Canvas for students to complete. The exception will be online-only students, who will be asynchronous through the lunch period. Any student currently attending in-person instruction will follow their regular schedule.
Wednesday, September 30th: First day of "C" schedule for all traditional and hybrid students. First day of in-person instruction for all traditional students
Thursday, October 1st: First day of in-person instruction for Hybrid 2 students
Friday, October 2nd: Warwick Spirit Day
Monday, October 5th: First day of in-person instruction for Hybrid 1 students
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
We are so excited to welcome back some of our students beginning on September 30th!
Our teachers are in the final stages of preparing for the start of in-person instruction. Tuesday, September 29th will be a 100% online asynchronous learning day for all traditional and hybrid students. Online only students will be asynchronous in the morning, until the end of the lunch break.
As we enter the in-person phase of our reopening plan traditional and hybrid teachers and students will follow our building schedule. We are a “C” school our day begins for all students at 9:05, students may begin to arrive at 8:45. AM Kindergarten dismissal begins at 11:25. PM kindergarten arrival is at 12:20 (instruction begins at 12:25). All students are dismissed at 2:45.
Students are encouraged to use the blue drawstring bag to carry materials back and forth from home to school. This is for a few reasons. We will not be using closets or hooks, all student belongings must hang on the back of their chair. Chairs can tip easily and this could cause an accident. Students are not permitted to bring any "extras" such as toys or sports equipment to school. Students will need their laptop or iPad each day. Device bags for grades K-4th grade are on order and should arrive shortly, all 5th and 6th grade hybrid and traditional students will receive device bags on the first day of in-person instruction. if you feel your child needs a backpack, please select a small bag with no wheels, again it needs to fit on the back of the chair.
The following materials should come to school every day: mask, water bottle, and device (fully charged). Hand sanitizer should come on the child's first day and remain here. This will be your personal use only. Headphones can either come back and forth with your child or can remain at school. If your child is bringing a lunch, that should come with your child each day too. You can either use a disposable lunch bag or lunch box.
I will be creating short videos to share with you before Wednesday to review some of the procedures specific for Warwick.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
When students attend in-person, the mitigation procedures outlined within the district’s health and safety plan will be in effect. The "2020-2021 Return to School" document is a great resource to review.
Please reach out with any questions.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Student Emergency Information
Dear Central Bucks families,
It is time to update your children’s “Student Emergency & Information Form.” This must be done each year. The process will take approximately 10 minutes to complete, and will ensure we have current contact information for you and your family. All CBSD families (with the exception of those who are new registrants for 2020-2021) are required to complete this update on/before September 30, 2020.
The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
· Demographic Information
· Emergency Contacts
· Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
· Media Release Preferences
Visit the CBSD Infinite Campus parent portal at www.cbsd.org/parentportal and don’t forget to hit submit at the end. You will receive an email verifying that your submission was received. Thank you!
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.