What's Going on at School This Week - March 4 - 8
Calendar of Events
K - 2 Literacy Night
Monday, March 4
6:00 - 7:30 pm
Walk and Bike to School
Wednesday, March 6
Walk or bike or roll to school!
Kindergarten Information Night
Wednesday, March 6
5:30 - 6:30 pm - Gym and Classrooms
Spring Band and Choir Concert
Wednesday, March 6
7:00 pm - Gym
Tuesday, March 12
6:30 pm - Library
Parent - Teacher Conferences
March 13 - 15 - No School
3rd Grade Student Store Open
March 19 - 21
Before and After School and at Lunch - Main Hall
3rd and 4th Grade Fine Arts Night
Tuesday, March 19
6:30 - 7:30 pm - Gym
March 25 - 29
Primary Grades Literacy Night
All activities take place in the Intermediate Hallway
- Children can access the library to find good fit books and read a variety of books with their parents
- A classroom will be open for children to play reading games, color bookmarks, and use reading apps on iPads
- A classroom will be open for writing games and activities like making your own book, name/sight word bead bracelets, fine motor activities, and writing apps on iPads
- A large variety of free books are available for children to take home with them.
- Representatives from the public library will also be here to talk about book clubs
Join us at 6:00 to experience all of this literacy fun!
Jog A Thon Donation Collections
The running is over, so now is the time to send in those Jogathon donations. Many families have sent them in already, and we really appreciate those who have done so.
Jogathon is the biggest fundraiser of the year at Jefferson Elementary, and helps fund things like the Jag Band, the upcoming 5th Grade Musical, Field Trips, various Jefferson Clubs, the Library and much more.
If you haven't had a chance to collect and send in those pledges, take a few moments now to do so. Even a few dollars will help make a difference.
Your Jogathon Team
Weather Make-up Days Announced
- June 14 will be a regular early release for elementary and middle schools, it will not be an early release for high schools.
- June 17 and 18 will be used as make-up days. (June 7 High School Graduation remains the same)
- June 18 will be the last day of school with extra-early release (2-hour early release) for all grades.
Helping Hands Food Drive
The Helping Hands Club is organizing and carrying out a food drive at Jefferson!
If you have some extra money, we would love it if you could donate some canned, non-perishable food or personal hygiene supplies. It will go to the Corvallis Welcome Center, who will hand it out to needy families.
Bring the food and/or personal hygiene supplies to Jefferson between March 5 and March 15.
Thanks for helping our community! ️
Student Transfer Requests
Corvallis Resident Transfer Window is March 1 - 31
Transfers for students living in the Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process March 1 - 31, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Families of kindergartners requesting transfers are required to register at their neighborhood schools by March 31.
- On April 1, transfer requests from students living in the Corvallis boundary areas will be processed through a lottery system (NOT first come-first served) with preference given to families who have siblings already in attendance at the requested school or to families of students enrolled in the Dual Language track.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by April 15 unless an extension is needed.
Non-resident Student Transfer Window is April 15 - May 3
Transfers for students living outside Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process on April 15.
- On April 15, openings will be announced and a second application window will open for non-resident transfer applications.
- The non-resident online application will be open until May 3.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by May 17 unless an extension is needed.
Please visit the Student Transfers page for more details about the transfer request process.
Beauty and the Beast at Corvallis High School
Come watch as we present the spectacle of Disney presented by 70+ students from our district!
A tale as old as time! Come see this classic!
This is a beautiful show that has over 120 costumes, 375 lighting cues, several buttresses, and 30 pounds of screws to hold it all together!!
To get $1 off any of the 2nd and 3rd weekend performances, use coupon code ROSE and get your tickets online or at the CHS front desk between 1:30-3:30 Monday through Friday.
Don’t miss this one - Get your tickets EARLY!!!!!
We look forward to seeing you at the show!
- The Beauty and the Beast Production Team
What I Am Reading this Week
Parent Volunteers and Field Trips
About This Newsletter...
You are receiving the Jaguar Times (our weekly newsletter) because your email is the #1 contact on your child's Student Information Sheet. If you would like to add a different email or a second email to this listserv, please email email@example.com with that email address so it can be added for future Jaguar Times.
Jefferson Elementary School
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination: Jennifer Duvall, Human Resources Director and Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org 541-757-5840 | 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333