Glass Library Staff Newsletter
- How to use Noodletools for research, an introductory lesson, to Mr. Reid's AP Capstone class and Mr. Marshall's 12th grade advanced English class
- How to use library resources to locate and explore primary and secondary resources to finalize a topic for National History Day to Mrs. Burns's, Mr. Johnson's, Mrs. Rawls-Fanning's, and Ms. Masencup's classes
- How to create Noodletools accounts, and how to create notecards and paraphrase information to Mr. Bowling's College Comp classes
Other collaborative efforts for the month of November included:
- Selecting and displaying non-fiction books for Mrs. McCormick's and Mrs. Wolk's 9th grade advanced English classes for their second independent reading assignment (non-fiction)
- Selecting and displaying non-fiction and fiction books for Mr. Dupere's, Mrs. Gonzalez's, and Dr. Gardner's 10th grade English classes
- Locating and pulling books about the Holocaust, genocide, and human rights issues for Mrs. Gonzalez's, Dr. Gardner's, and Mr. Dupere's advanced 10th grade English classes
- Selecting and purchasing additional resources for the Lee-Jackson essay
- Ordering books requested by students
- Manning a table at Touching Bases to collect library and textbook materials
- Scheduleding time for Mr. Bowling's College Comp students to "Drop Everything and Read" in the library
- Attendeding an English department meeting to showcase the features of Noodletools
Please let us know if we can help you in any way.
In an effort to create a culture of reading and literacy at Glass, we rolled out our iRead posters to interested staff members prior to Thanksgiving so that staff members could record what they are reading. The goal for this initiative is for our students to see that reading is important, that adults within our building are reading, and to hopefully start conversations about books and materials being read.
If you didn't get a chance to request a poster but would like one, please email Sarah Mabery. If you have a quote you would like printed on your poster, please include that in the email.
Virginia College Application Week
Library Usage for November
Please continue to login and ask students to login so that our data is as accurate as possible. Thank you!