Give a Nonperishable Food Item. Make a Bracket. Win Tickets.
Support Your Team and Feed Families
Enter your bracket in Morgan South's first competition! RA Susan and RA Asad will be in the Morgan South Lobby collecting food TONIGHT, Sunday, March 16, 2014, at 7 PM. Help feed Philly's hungry families!
The winner will be announced at the end of the tournament, and will get FOUR FREE TICKETS TO THE REEL!
You do not have to fill out a bracket if you just want to donate food, but you MUST donate at least one food item if you want to enter a bracket in the competition!
Common Nonperishable Foods
Fruits and Vegetables
Canned or dry fruits and vegetables in an array of colors will help ensure consumption of many vitamins and
• Canned vegetables
• Vegetable and fruit juices
• Canned fruit and fruit cups; dried fruit
• Canned tomatoes (juice and sauce)
Whole grains provide maximum nutrition value and long-lasting energy.
• Oatmeal Whole grain crackers
• Low sugar/high fiber cereals
• All pasta types
• Whole grain rice
Lean meats and canned or dry beans provide the necessary fuel for muscles.
• Canned tuna, salmon or chicken
• Bean soups
• Baked beans
• Dried and canned beans and peas.
• Chili Beef stew
• Peanut butter and nuts
Additional items to consider
• Bottled water
• Canned and powdered milk
• Low sodium soups
• Salt-free crackers
• Trail mix
• Food bars such as granola bars
• Cereals such as oatmeal and granola
• Snack-sized foods with pull-off lids
• Snack-sized beverages such as Hi-C