MIS Monday Message
January 19 - 22
What are you fighting for?
Think about the students we come in contact with each day. Each of them has something they need to fight for as well. Maybe they need help because they have a hard time staying focused. Or maybe they need something extra because they don't understand the math lessons as quickly as the other students.
Or maybe...just maybe...they are the student who gets what is being taught in class the first time.
And they are begging to learn something new that they might have to actually work at to master.
Each of our students is different, and just like Sophie, have something they need help with. I challenge you this week to look closely at the students you work with and see if you can pinpoint what they are fighting for. Once you've done that, figure out how you can help them in the battle and do something to help. After all, this what is we should all be fighting for.
Let's make it a great week at MIS!
Donuts for Dads
We have moved this back to the gym this year and Blake will be giving out specific assignments for all staff members this week. We are also inviting extra guys to come and be a part like we have in the past so that students who don't have someone coming with them can have someone. We will have a lot of people here that day and it will be a great experience for all.
Tired of Presentations?
The 5th grade teachers are hosting a baby shower for Ashley Nelms and baby Charley Wednesday, January 20th in the MIS Library at 3:20. All are invited!
THIS WEEK AT MIS
- MLK Holiday
- Elementary Principal's Meeting (Blake and Julie out, 8:30 - 11:30)
- Fun in the Sun Planning Committee Meeting, 3:20, MIS Library
- School Board meeting, 5:30 pm
- Arkansas Brass quartet for 5th grade students, 9AM (Tentative)
- Leadership Team Meeting, 1:45 pm, EAST
- Baby Shower for Ashley Nelms, 3:20, MIS Library
- Donuts for Dads, 7:30 am, MIS Gym
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- Feb. 3 - Grades cut off; Faculty meeting
- Feb. 5 - Grades uploaded by noon; Leadership meeting @7:50
- Feb. 6 - Daddy/Daughter Dance @ MIS
- Feb. 9 - Progress reports go home
- Feb. 12 - Valentine parties, 2pm
- Feb. 15 - No school