Upcoming Dates to Remember
- 1/16 - Schools Closed for MLK Jr. Holiday
- 1/23 & 1/24 - Schools Closed for Professional Development
- 2/10 - STEAM Night @BES (see details below)
Informational webpage with links for anonymous tips regarding school safety and security. See something? Say something!
Let's get ready for the BES Talent Show!
Click here to access the electronic version of the parent permission form.
Sign up to get all the latest news from QACPS!
Queen Anne’s County Public Schools (QACPS) Communications Specialist, Lanette Power-Waters, would like to invite all QACPS students, staff, family, and community members to “subscribe” to QACPS News Posts. Please go to https://www.qacps.org/ and select “Subscribe” at the top white banner or click here. You will be asked to enter your email address and a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to email@example.com
2023 Annual Mid-Shore Student Art Exhibition
Way to go Bayside artists!
Visit academyartmuseum.org for more information.
Annual Conflict Resolution Day Bookmark Art Contest
The Maryland Judiciary’s Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office (MACRO) observes Conflict Resolution Day, the third Thursday in October, by hosting a bookmark design contest for Maryland students in grades K-8. The contest provides teachers, parents, and students the opportunity to learn about and share important conflict resolution skills, such as: listening; working together to solve problems; talking to each other instead of fighting; being inclusive; and appreciating and respecting our differences. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to use their artistic skills to illustrate their own creative ideas. The awards ceremony was held on December 5th. Out of thousands of entries from across the state, our very own Ella H. won 1st place! Trinity B. and Nora T. won Honorable Mention! Congratulations to these students as well as Mrs. Sharon Murdoch, our media specialist who helped our students to create and enter their bookmarks.
Pets on Wheels Teams up with Character Counts!
Green School Update- Jeans Recycling Project- Keep those jeans coming in!
The Green Team is a group of 5th graders working with Ms. Crim to help lead our school in efforts to stay green. Did you know that denim jeans can be recycled into new items? Denim can be used to make products like rugs, coasters and purses, as well as other items. We would like to help keep jeans out of our trash and not end up in landfills. We are going to start collecting used denim jeans here at Bayside. If there are any old jeans that you are planning to throw away, please send them in to school for our jeans recycling project. The jeans may be stained or ripped. There will be a collection box in the school lobby labeled Recycling Jeans Project. We will continue this project through the school year. Let’s see how many jeans we can keep out of the landfills!
BES Lost and Found
Parents, please take a look at the clothing items shown in these photos
Let us know if anything looks familiar!
- AM Parent Drop-Off- Please note the following:
- If you are dropping your student off in the front loop, please be sure to remember to pull all the way forward around the loop in order to allow as many students to unload as possible.
- For the safely of our students and staff, please remain in a single file line and do NOT pass other cars in the line.
- Bus Assignments- Parents are reminded that students must ride their assigned bus. Vacations, temporary work assignments, social events, riding to a friend’s home, or other foreseen events will not be approved for change in bus assignment.
- Early Dismissal Days- Please send us a note in writing if your child's transportation home will be changed on our 1 PM dismissal days. Thanks so much for your help with this!
- IF you need to pick your child up early for an appointment, we ask that you please do so NO LATER THAN 3:00PM (* or 12:00 PM on an early dismissal day). We will not be able to release students after 3:00 PM (or 12:00PM on an early dismissal day) as the office staff is preparing for regular dismissal. This will also ensure that you are able to get your child and exit the school property prior to parents lining up for regular dismissal. Please send a note with your child to let the teacher and the front office know if you need to pick up your child early for an appointment.
- Afternoon Parent Pick-Ups- Please note the following:
- Please STOP prior to any intersections for the bus loops at BES and KIES so that they are not blocked. Please remember that the buses are pretty large vehicles and need more space than the average vehicle to safely move through a line of traffic. Blocking the intersections will only delay our dismissal as well as you receiving your child. We appreciate your patience and your assistance with this !
- We also ask that parents please take turns entering the school driveway to allow both directions of traffic access. This will help to alleviate back-ups in either direction.
Check out our website!
As part of the QACPS initiative to update and improve our websites, BES was the the very first elementary school's to be updated. The new website can be found here. Be sure to visit our website and hit the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page. This feature keeps parents and family members updated by pushing out a message to you anytime we have new information added to our website.
Online Meal Payment System Option
QACPS will continue to use MySchoolBucks as our online meal payment system for meals. MySchoolBucks is updated and now accepting payment for the new school year. Families may set up or add money to their account by using the following link :
Parent Volunteer Training for 2022/2023
Bayside Elementary School
Location: 301 Church Street, Stevensville, MD, USA