Chapman Chargers Update
Good afternoon Chapman Families!
** Half Day for all students on Thursday and Friday. Dismissal will be at 11:55 AM
* Socktober continues this week! Please donate new socks for our families in need within our community!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
** Literacy Night for grades K-3 will be November 15th. We are very excited about this event and hope all lower-elementary students and their families will participate. Please make sure you RSVP for this event no later than November 2nd. You won't want to miss it! See attached flyer.
* The next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, November 13th at 6 PM
*The Scholastic Book Fair starts Monday 10/15 and runs through the week. Please check with your classroom teacher for times your child's class will be visiting. The book fair will also be open during parent-teacher conferences.
*Parent-Teacher Conferences will be 10/18 and 10/19. Please make sure you are scheduled for a conference with your classroom teacher. Both of these days are half days for students.
October Lunch Menu is attached below!
Other Important Dates to Remember:
10/16 Kindergarten Field Trip
10/18 Banking Day
10/19 Pink Out Day
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Thank you to all the parents in the morning in car pool! You are doing fabulous! Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in car pool and not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the car pool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettiland #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary