Brandenburg's using too much energy
Ways we can conserve energy
Lights & Equipment
- Turn off lights, projectors, ELMOs when you are not using them.
- Hibernate computers when not in use.
- Have a Techy turn off the computers everyday.
- Only use one light switch if working after hours.
- Turn off copiers/printers at end of the day.
Make the least amount of copies possible :)
Heating, A/C & Water
- In the warm months the A/C should be set to 78 during school hours and outside of school hours turn it off.
- In the cold months the heat should be set to 70 during school hours and outside of school hours turn it off.
- Keep doors and windows shut when the A/C is running.
- In the bathroom use water only as needed, do NOT leave it running.
Office, Custodial, and Specials Faculty
- Mechanical equipment and water faucets are checked regularly for problems, reported and fixed quickly.
- Turn Hallway lights off when students leave at the end of the day.
- Only open the refrigerator and freezer doors when needed.
- Turn off the loudspeaker when not in use.
- Turn all music equipment and unplug when not in use.