Ms. Kilar's Class News
Friday, May 6, 2016
Night at the Museum
- Reading: This week we read a story about a tortoise and a hippo, "Owen and Mzee" who developed an unusual friendship. Our focus was on compare and contrast relationships in the text.
- Writing: We kept plugging away on our notes for the biography project. The notes are coming home today, for homework students will need to write a response to the questions for their report.
- Grammar: We reviewed commas in compound sentences and to set off an introductary clause. We also reviewed punctuating dialogue.
Science and Social Studies
Social Studies: We took a tour of the Harbor Point Lighthouse. Thank you to our parent volunteers in both classes who were able to help chaperone the field trip. Thank you to the Harbor Springs Area Historical Society for organizing this great field trip for us.
- Monday - Gym
- Tuesday - Music
- Wednesday - Library
- Thursday - Art/Gym
- Friday - Music
- May 10 - M-Step
- May 17 - M-Step
- May 16 - Presentation from EMS first repsonders
- May 18 - M-Step
- May 19 - M-Step
- May 18-Night at the Museum
- May 24 - Walking field trip the the Harbor Springs Historical Society
- June 2 - Field trip to Tahquamenon Falls and Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum (Returning around 6:30)
- June 9 - Sleeping Bear Dunes (we will be returning around 6:30pm)
- If you know you'd like to help chaperone one of our June field trips please let me know.