by Khatera Hasani
Hypothesis: I predicted that out of the 5 different liquids water, will be the fastest and mayonnaise will be the slowest.
- Stop Watch
- 2 tote trays
- glue tack
- 5 liquids - oil, water, mayonnaise, yoghurt, tomato sauce
- recording sheets
- table cloths
1. Measure out 30mls of each liquid.
2. Set your stop watch to zero.
3. Tip one liquid at a time from the top of the ramp. Remember to communicate with your group to ensure the timer starts as you tip the liquid.
4. Let the liquid flow for the set time you have decided and measure the distance travelled.
5. Record your results in the table.
6. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go.
7. Clean your ramp for the next test.
8. Tip one liquid down the ramp and time how long it takes to reach the bottom.
9. Record your results in the table.
10. Repeat for each type of liquid, recording your results as you go.
11. Record each groups results as they become available.
12. Using the calculator, determine the mean distance and speed for each liquid.