Another Quick 3 from WVS...
New Course Offerings, Semester End Tips, Tutor.com
NEW COURSE OFFERINGS
- Intermediate Programming S1 & S2
- Folklore & Mythology: Legendary Tales - One semester course
- Business Communications- One semester course
- Media & Communications - One semester course
- Medical Terminology (Dual Enrollment) - Registration begins January 4, 2016
- AP Physics I S1 & S2 - Registration begins January 4, 2016
If you would like to preview any of these new courses, please contact the WVS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-453-1953 for our Curriculum Review.
SEMESTER-END TIPS FOR LEGS
- Final Exams: Most unit and final exams are password protected; please contact the online instructor a day or two ahead to ensure you receive the password in time.
- Extensions: Extensions beyond the student's five months allowed are granted according to our Extension Policy.
- Final Grade Reports: If a final grade is needed by a certain date (i.e. semester end) students should submit all work two weeks prior to that date. The WVS office will be busy processing final grade reports and will send them as soon as possible. Remember...you have access to the student's final grade in Genius once all work has been graded.
- The current grades that students, parents, LEGSs see in the system is the Grade to Date. The grade to date is the grade earned on all items attempted, but not the final grade. During the final grade report process, teachers will calculate a Zero for all items not attempted/completed by the student to determine the final grade. If a final grade is
needed before receiving the Final Grade Report, the "What if Calculator" on their grade page can be used.
- Because WVS accepts new enrollments throughout the school year, you can enroll students in their second semester courses at any time, but be aware that the start date you choose will be the first date the student will have access to their course.