By: Jacob B, Jade S, Jaidyn A
How to get Malaria
- Malaria is transmitted through mosquitoes holding the disease that then bites the victim and can give the person the disease.
- 90% of Malaria cases come from Africa and leads to about 1 million deaths a year.
- It also infects 350 to 500 million people all over the world.
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) gets children with Malaria every single day.
What are the symptoms of Malaria
- Malaria gives you flu like symptoms and gives you the chills and fever.
- You can also sweat a lot and the symptoms occur usually a couple weeks after the disease gets into your body.
Country's most affected
- Its mainly affected in Africa.
- Also India
- South East Asia
- Parts of central america
- Children under 5 have a high risk of getting Malaria
- Malaria can lead to blindness,Brain damage,and death.
- There is a cure and a way to prevent it yet it still spreads around the world still.
- Warren Buffett donated 31 billion dollars to the Bill and Malinda Gates foundation which helps with curing Malaria and putting an end to it.
- There is drugs that can be purchased to cure Malaria but since people in Africa don't make much money they can't afford the drugs.
- Malaria hasn't been found in the US since it was prevented in 1951.